Page 1 of 2
Ok guys and gals, I was given this fake conversation for my psychology class. We are suppose to analyze it and pick which one we thought was right. Person 1 or person 2. We were told that person 1 is a girl and person 2 is a guy. What do you guys think?

Person 1: i'm still not perfectly happy with you
Person 2 : over?
Person 1 : today
Person 2: and what about today?
Person 1 : you're just
Person 1 : mean sometimes
Person 2: lol, that didn't answer my question
Person 1 : you lie to me
Person 2: about?
Person 1 : resting today
Person 1 : and not going anywhere
Person 1 : and then you replace what i did on your myspace with some video
Person 2: i didn't go home and go back to walmart
Person 1 : you said you weren't going anywhere
Person 1 : and then after you said you were getting money
Person 1 : you were going to go home
Person 2: and i was driving back home and got about to airport road when i figured i'd go to walmart
Person 2 and what's the big deal if i went out anywhere?
Person 1 : couldn't you tell me?
Person 2: i went to get stuff to work with
Person 1 : instead of saying you would stay home
Person 2: i didn't decide to go until after you had to get off the phone for class
Person 2: but really
Person 2: what's the big deal?
Person 1 : i just wish you'd tell me
Person 2: but why do you have to complain about it?
Person 1 : because you couldn't see me
Person 1 : but you could go to walmart
Person 2: i just don't get it
Person 2: you wanted me to spend time working on the house
Person 2: yet you expect to see me every day
Person 1 : no
Person 2: and some how i still get stuff done
Person 1 : you said that you couldn't see me because you were resting today
Person 1 : not going out
Person 1 : and i don't care about the house
Person 1 : you want to finish it
Person 2: i didn't say anything about not seeing you
Person 2: i didn't even know we talked about seeing eachother at all
Person 1 : yeah
Person 1 : last night
Person 1 : i go
Person 1 : do you want to rest
Person 1 : or can you pick me up
Person 1 : and you really acted like you didn't want to see me
Person 2: no, you asked if i wanted to stay home and work
Person 1 : so i said just rest
Person 2: or get you
Person 1 : well ok
Person 2: and i worked
Person 2: so what's the big deal?
Person 1 : just forget it
Person 2: do you just want me to get all of the stuff when i'm out with you?
Person 1 : i really don't care
Person 1 : do what you want
Person 1 : don't tell me anything
Person 2: then why do you have to bring the dumbest things up to bitch about
Person 2: it was WALMART
Person 1 : you don't get it
Person 2: well
Person 2: there's nothing to get
Person 2: or you can't explain it at all
Person 1 : i've tried
Person 2: you're mad because i went to walmart and didn't tell you, that's what i got
Person 2: and i'm still wondering why me going to walmart is such a huge problem
Person 1 : i'm mad because you said you were going to stay home instead of see me
Person 1 : then you go to town
Person 2: i wanted to check on my money and while i was out i went to get stuff, big deal
Person 2: i came home and worked
Person 2: how do you expect me to get done when i see you and not allowed to go anywhere besides when i'm out with you
Person 1 : fine
Person 1 : you win
Person 2: no, i want to know
Person 1 : i just wish you'd tell me things
Person 2: rofl
Person 2: tell you that i'm going to walmart
Person 1 : jesus christ
Person 2: that just sounds pretty stupid
Person 1 : **** it
Person 1 : have a great night
Person 1 signed off.
No one with a life will read that (not that anyone on UG has a life, but yeah..)
It's difficult to win unless you're bored.
uhh person 2 because person 1 reeks of estrogen, which means person 1 is either female or gay. straight males are always right.

/thread

edit: and no im not sexist or a homo hater.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Person 1 is hella lame.
Listen to mah discs.

And coming soon, THE CLEVER DEVILS VS. THE BLONDES.

Vote for me in the
Well person 1 does admit to defeat,

Person 2: how do you expect me to get done when i see you and not allowed to go anywhere besides when i'm out with you
Person 1 : fine
Person 1 : you win
Person 2: no, i want to know
Person 1 : i just wish you'd tell me things
Duke Ellington - If it sounds good, it is good.
theyre both wrong. it was a trick assignment, if you ask me.

hes wrong to shrug it off when shes upset, and shes wrong to not fully explain WHY shes upset.

but hey, your the psychology student, not me
Person 1 reeks of stereotype. I dislike female stereotyping.
person 2 seems "right" but they kinda drag it out just to rub it in person 1 's face, so neither really

Originally Posted by grungefan89
Geeze, why don't you just give the kid a pistol to shoot at his head? Telling someone to go buy a B.C. Rich - and on a budget - is like giving someone a gun and telling them to commit suicide.
Ya, person 1 is PMS incarnated
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
That was very incoherent; messy =/
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by MoBscene
you typed all of that?
danm

No, our homework comes by email at our college. I just changed the colors of their names so you guys could read it easier.
Person 2 is right. Person 1 is a nagging bitch who needs to respect a mans privacy and work ethic. ****ing god I can't stand those lazy, overly-intrusive *****s that live off their husbands pay but bitch at him when he works for it...that's not really this case but still, women have to learn that men are men and you're not changing them. Somebody slap that ho.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
Person 2 is right. Person 1 is a nagging bitch who needs to respect a mans privacy and work ethic. ****ing god I can't stand those lazy, overly-intrusive *****s that live off their husbands pay but bitch at him when he works for it...that's not really this case but still, women have to learn that men are men and you're not changing them. Somebody slap that ho.

AMEN BROTHER.

and in the case that they are both males they must both go to a street corner and slap a ho.

in the case of lesbos they need to slap each other.
Quote by fallenangel20

And thanks MotleyCrueSATD, that was pretty awesome.

Quote by hemi-san
the truth he speaks well, harken unto his word.
Hahahah I guarantee that's a convo between you and your girlfriend. There is NO way a college professor would type up that whole "fake" convo using high-school grammar and such and make it some dumb assignment.
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

i think its funny how this is set up just like AIM, right down to the colors or the people.
BIIGFTJ?
(Jack) why teh fuck do people still have rottweilers/pit bulls?
(Lucy) why the fuck not?
(Jack) because they have a strange tendency to EAT YOUR CHILDREN
Quote by BumOffBarney
i think its funny how this is set up just like AIM, right down to the colors or the people.

Check the red and blue font on here. It's exactly the same. I had to go in and edit the colors.

And why would I have to lie about this? Does it really matter what a goup of kid on a forums thinks about you so much as to deny it?
I got something similar to this in my psycology class last year. Everybody should try and read it again but imagine the genders are reversed. Watch how much the meaning changes, its rather astonishing actually.
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
they were almost not talking about the same thing. the girl cant support an argument, shes basing it all in emotions. the guy sounded insensitive, but in the agrument, he presented facts. so i guess the guy won?
Quote by fiveironfreshy
Hahahah I guarantee that's a convo between you and your girlfriend. There is NO way a college professor would type up that whole "fake" convo using high-school grammar and such and make it some dumb assignment.

QFT
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by Aussie Ghost
I got something similar to this in my psycology class last year. Everybody should try and read it again but imagine the genders are reversed. Watch how much the meaning changes, its rather astonishing actually.

Aye, but a woman wouldn't be working on a house now would she?

oh is person 1 a female and 2 a male? im female and i totally agree with person 2. goddamn just cuz two ppl are going out doesnt mean one of them needs to know every last detail in the others life.....jesus christ that would get so annoying.
Quote by ar73m
QFT

You, kiddo, need to stop worrying about your post count on a forum hoping one day you may get a online friend.

Ok, if you want to think that this was between me and my girlfriend, go ahead. I could care less. It'll still give the same answer I asked for to begin with.
Quote by fiveironfreshy

why not?
person 1 is kind of a bitch about stuff, reminds me of one of my old girlfriends
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Quote by fiveironfreshy

Oh god... Run... Run and hope that no women are in this thread...

EDIT: TOO LATE! Nice knowing you.
El Gearo:

Fender '69 Reissue Mustang
Fender American Standard P-Bass

Fender Blues Junior
Quote by *.*
You, kiddo, need to stop worrying about your post count on a forum hoping one day you may get a online friend.

Too bad posts in the Pit don't count toward overall post count.

Quote by *.*

Ok, if you want to think that this was between me and my girlfriend, go ahead. I could care less. It'll still give the same answer I asked for to begin with.

Too bad posting in the Pit doesn't change your post count, so nyah. I just found your thread rather funny, that's all. And seriously, how do you expect people to believe it's a serious Uni assignment you've gotten by email if it has things like lol and rofl in it, and no proper grammar? I could care less what is it really, it's just funny. If I weren't bored at work with nothing better to do at the moment, I wouldn't have said anything to this thread at all.

That said, both are wrong and overreacting, arguing over something pretty worthless.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by fiveironfreshy

LOL Clean mopping and other house work is working on the house. Maybe I will exlude the making of sandwiches.
Quote by The Ted
LOL Clean mopping and other house work is working on the house. Maybe I will exlude the making of sandwiches.

That's working IN the house. From the conversation I guess I assumed it was talkin about, like, construction. I could be wrong though. Either way, the woman wouldn't be near the tools.

Quote by Aussie Ghost

no real man would ever talk like that.
Thê †®äGi©a£L¥ HIP
Quote by fiveironfreshy
That's working IN the house. From the conversation I guess I assumed it was talkin about, like, construction. I could be wrong though. Either way, the woman wouldn't be near the tools.

I have no idea which they are talking about when it comes to inside work or construction.

As stated in the original post, person 1 is a girl and 2 being a guy. And for you that think it's fake, person 1 is my girlfriend and person 2 is me. Which ever you choose.
If that was really from one of your teachers, then I honestly think they'd be capital letters, punctuation, and coherent sentence structure.
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Aussie Ghost

I see nothing change when the gender roles are reversed. Either way, I think Person #1 is naggy, whiney, unclear, and way too intrusive in Person #2's activities. Person #2 certainly wasn't very sensitive to Person #1's upset feelings, either.
Last edited by Quintessence153 at Jan 22, 2007,
This is an excellent example of an unhealthy relationship! Many characteristics are evident and visible while readint his fake conversation. You can easily see that person one is needy and clingy, dependant on the other person and wishes to be the dominant person in the relationship.

Really, I don't think that either of them are correct and if they are a couple that they should not see each other anymore because the relationship has extremley negative qualities witten all over it.
it seems to me that theyre both wrong.

person 1 is definitely over reacting, but person 2 should have probably told person 1 that they were going out somewhere if they previously said that they were just staying home. person 2 should at least try to understand why person 1 is upset, and apologize, even if its only to make the situation better, and not because person 2 is really sorry.
Page 1 of 2