High Ranking Al-Qaeda Member Linked to Death Metal Underground (Must Read)

Page 1 of 2
New Yorker Article

wow. just wow. Also, if you only want to read the part of the article about metal, then just read the first 2 pages, but it is a great article all together.

It talks about man heavily involved in the death metal underground scene converted to Islam and is now a high ranking Al-Qaeda member.

Discuss.
Death metal is an extremist movement...

lol

Fans who outgrow the music, as most do, often enough become religious.

whaaa...?

Also, what kind of name is Prozak...? Isn't that an anti-depressant?
I've found Jesus
....wow, I hate people. They look waaay to much into things.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
....wow, I hate people. They look waaay to much into things.
HEY! I TAKE OFFENSE TO THAT. I am part of this "people" you speak of.
I was talking about the article. But I suppose if I have room in my schedule I can hate you too.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

They're treating death metal as if it's some disreputable underground society devoted to causing mayhem and burning down churches.

Oh, wait. That was black metal.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Can anyone confirm that comment about people becoming religious after they leave the death metal scene? I seriously doubt it, but you never know.
Quote by LedZeppelin
They're treating death metal as if it's some disreputable underground society devoted to causing mayhem and burning down churches.

Oh, wait. That was black metal.

But of course
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

Quote by frozen-dirt
Can anyone confirm that comment about people becoming religious after they leave the death metal scene? I seriously doubt it, but you never know.

I don't think death metal's been around long enough for people to make a generalization about that. We haven't given it even a generation yet.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by frozen-dirt

Didn't chuck turn christian while he was still with Death? Or was that one of those stupid rumours people make up...
I highly doubt it, but don't quote me on that.
Quote by HuckIt
Not that he ever had it or anything...
seeing as his wife wants to ban violent video games...
who knows what she would do to death metal.

Stupid *****y legislative official.
Quote by HuckIt
Quote by Magero
Didn't chuck turn christian while he was still with Death? Or was that one of those stupid rumours people make up...

I'm pretty sure he did. In addition, he changed the cross in the Death logo.
I've found Jesus
Death Metal seems to be the new It in todays society.

The History Channel, Wife Swap, Al-Qaeda. Hmmm...
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by Nelsean
Death Metal seems to be the new It in todays society.

The History Channel, Wife Swap, Al-Qaeda. Hmmm...

I think we've dug up all there is to find.
I've found Jesus
SHIT! THEY FOUND US! SOMEONE HIDE THE KORAN! GET THE GUITARS AND PRETEND WE'RE PLAYING!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
*Hides sitar and pulls out the guitar*
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Sitars are so cool, one day I will be in a black metal band that has only sitars in them.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero

This is like what I wrote for my Spanish Literature IGCSE mock:

TOTAL BULLSHIT
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

I say we just nuke that whole area, let's see how well he hides on a plate of glass the size of half the U.S.

Traitor.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
Am I the only one who liked the article? The death metal part was pretty inaccurate, as you guys have pointed out, but the rest of the article was fascinating in itself.

By the way, you guys aren't looking at the big picture. They're not saying death metal leads to terrorism. What they're saying is that death metal was part of this guy's journey. Sure, it has a lot to do with naive mainstream perceptions of death metal, but they're not condemning it at all.
Last edited by MOOSE ATTACK!!! at Jan 22, 2007,
I crapped out halfway through it. School is for reading stuff that long.
Question not yourself. Challenge those who would deny you your true self for an independent thinker is the greatest enemy to those who seek to control you
I highly doubt its bullshit, seeing as the New Yorker is at least a semi-legitimate publication. I thought the author treated death metal from a fair and non-biased perspective.
Fair and non-biased? Anything he mentioned about death metal fans was a generalization and assumption purely on his part.
They tuned their guitars in unconventional ways, and some, influenced by classical musicians, composed songs that required high degrees of discipline and technical virtuosity to play.

Both true.
Quote by Helloween_rox
I crapped out halfway through it. School is for reading stuff that long.
he sounds like any one of us in his death metal days.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
No guys, they are right.

Death metal.

Al Qaeda.

Evidence of a connection is indisputable. Death metal is a training ground for terrorists.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
No guys, they are right.

Death metal.

Al Qaeda.

Evidence of a connection is indisputable. Death metal is a training ground for terrorists.

OMG!!

AnD...LIKE...IF YOU DO THis...

666 + 245 = 911!!!!!!!!!

OMGOMGOGMOGM!!!
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Where'd the 245 come from?
Quote by Helloween_rox
Where'd the 245 come from?

Secret death metal Quran number.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
“If you die as an unbeliever in battle against the Muslims, you’re going straight to hell, without passing Go.”

Still reading the article, but I just had to mention that.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Page 1 of 2