Egnater 8 channel M4 preamp run into into a G-major effects unit, then into a Carvin TS100 tube power amp that has two channels that can be swithed between EL34 and 6L6 tubes, into a mesa 2x12 cab w/ vintage 30's.

The Egnater is amazing. Its insertable tube preamps that have two channels per mod. I can run the different mods into the prower amp under the EL34's or 6L6 creating tons of versatilty. Then through quality effects and quality speaker. For roughly $2500. What do you think?
Last edited by iluvmyprs89 at Jan 23, 2007,
Not a Carvin fan, and with 8 preamp channels you won't need to switch power amp tube types (at least most people wouldn't). The Egnator sounds interesting though.
Quote by Roc8995
Not a Carvin fan, and with 8 preamp channels you won't need to switch power amp tube types (at least most people wouldn't). The Egnator sounds interesting though.

Yea man. Go to egnater.com The only reason that power amp is cool is for like say the Dual Rectifier mod I can switch between EL34 and 6L6 power amp to get different sounds just like the bias switch on the real thing except I wont have to change tubes. Or say maybe a marshall mod I might use EL34 for the more vintage style sound. Idk thats not a huge deal, just nice to have. I mean why the heck not, lol. Since you're not a carvin fan do you have any suggestions of tube power amps?
I'd go Egnater to a Mesa 50/50 instead of the Carvin, but overall it seems a good start.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.