Page 1 of 2
Ok there is a concert comming up. And I am one of the lucky few that got stuck with an overly paranoid mother. She wont let me go to the concert with my friend. I will be 16 and my friend will be 17. She is afraid of, well, I dont know what the hell. She will let me go if my dad goes, but who the hell wants to go to a concer twith their dad? Any tips on convincing her to let me go?
We spent a lifetime on the
Beaches of Normandy in vain

Quote by poopsmith666
oooh look at me, i'm clincher, internet tough guy

Quote by theBaartMan
When Nostradamus predicted badassery, he spoke of clincher09.

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Ive been to 2 concerts with my dad. But he liked the bands.

Just say your staying at a mates house that day.
- Satch is awsome -
lie to her, say you will be elsewhere, then go to the concert. Or cut her brakes.
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
What band?
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
I went with my dad to Clapton. Without him I wouldn't have had access.
Buttsecks her
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Pretty much what other people have said, just go and make sure she doesn't find out

Don't let your mommy keep you from concerts, next thing you know she'll be doing your laundry for your whole life and you'll be living in her basement...
is your dad cool enough to leave you alone at the concert? like, maybe he could go with you, then you and your friend hang out without him, and just meet up at the end.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Going with your dad isn't so bad.

I would but he's dead...

thanks a lot for reminding me, asshole. *sob*
I go with my dad all the time. We've seen everything from Anti-Flag and Reel Big Fish to B.B. King and Bob Dylan. Then again, we're two totally rad people so I guess it doesn't work for everyone. Go with your dad, you might have fun!
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
Quote by altronataku
Going with your dad isn't so bad.

I would but he's dead...

thanks a lot asshole.

do you go around looking for opportunities to use that? You tried a little too hard on that one.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
I remember one time I went to a gig I came back, and we talked about it, and then my brother starts talking about how people get stabbed in mosh pits or whatever. The little bastard.

Edit: I went with my Dad to see a Pink Floyd tribute band. It was alright, although it was a different kind of concert I guess.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by Aceroth

do you go around looking for opportunities to use that? You tried a little too hard on that one.

no, i'm just awesome like that.

btw i'm still crying.
Quote by altronataku
no, i'm just awesome like that.

btw i'm still crying.

are you female, gay, or just a loser?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by altronataku
Aceroth, I want you to sleep with my mother

see, I can do it too.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by Aceroth
see, I can do it too.

trust me, you didn't burn anyone but yourself there.

have fun.
Quote by altronataku
trust me, you didn't burn anyone but yourself there.

have fun.

would you mind explaining? I was mocking you by making an unfunny change of quote statement, just like you did. Pretty sure I got you there.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by Aceroth
would you mind explaining? I was mocking you by making an unfunny change of quote statement, just like you did. Pretty sure I got you there.

don't bother, that guy is just a little faggot who has nothing better to do than to attempt 'pwning' people on a forum (even though he only manages to make himself look stupid by that)

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Quote by ar73m
don't bother, that guy is just a little faggot who has nothing better to do than to attempt 'pwning' people on a forum (even though he only manages to make himself look stupid by that)

yeah, I kinda noticed that. Hah, alright, I'll let him continue trying.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by Aceroth

sure i'll explain: kljsdf
Quote by altronataku
sure i'll explain: kljsdf

oh f*ck, get me some ice. Your genius blows my mind.

Okay, I'm done with you. Goodbye
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by ar73m

i pwn u. srsly.

I love to piss you off. My success is evident in the fact that you even bother trying to make a remark about me when I wasn't talking to you.

Hey watch this:
Your music taste is balls
That Russian band sucks
John Petrucci is a fag
You are a piece of shit.

<3

Quote by Aceroth
oh f*ck, get me some ice. Your genius blows my mind.

Okay, I'm done with you. Goodbye

Oh gee, if only I gave a shit.
Quote by altronataku
i pwn u. srsly.

I love to piss you off. My success is evident in the fact that you even bother trying to make a remark about me when I wasn't talking to you.

Hey watch this:
Your music taste is balls
That Russian band sucks
John Petrucci is a fag
You are a piece of shit.

<3

Wow, you are awesome. I am impressed.

Quote by altronataku
I'm not.

Nah, you are. You're very, very good at being a little immature piece of sh1t who has nothing better to do with his time than troll on forums.

Quote by ar73m
Nah, you are. You're very, very good at being a little immature piece of sh1t who has nothing better to do with his time than troll on forums.

thanks.

Let me live up to your compliments:

You're very good at listening to shit music, idolizing shit people, and eating shit.

Quote by captainjackass
you both are f@gs arguing on the internet...

You're a fag for saying f@g. Fag.
Quote by altronataku
thanks.

Let me live up to your compliments:

You're very good at listening to shit music, idolizing shit people, and eating shit.

Ouch. My feelings r hurt.

Um, ok back to the topic....

If theres one thing I hate its lying, even if I dont get caught just lying would make me feel horrible. And I went with my dad to a concert a year ago and theres no way in hell he would just leave me alone, hes like a mom, only in a fat mans body.

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by clincher09

If theres one thing I hate its lying, even if I dont get caught just lying would make me feel horrible. And I went with my dad to a concert a year ago and theres no way in hell he would just leave me alone, hes like a mom, only in a fat mans body.

then you're fooked. It looks like you're either gonna have to deal with your dad or lie.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by clincher09

Considering you aren't a little child anymore, you could try telling your mom something like you'll be careful and besides you aren't going alone, and concerts always have security there - that might help you convince her. Though from your original post, it seems like she's dead set on not letting you go unless your dad is there so if she's anything like I imagine she is from your post, I doubt you'll be able to convince her.

You could just go with your dad and then lose him in the crowd - not like it'd be hard to do unless it's a tiny small venue you're going to - but you could catch hell for that, too.

Quote by ar73m
Ouch. My feelings r hurt.

They must be because you keep responding.

Here's are some genuinely helpful hints:

Troll = Feed off of people's anger, and can be stopped by being ignored/not being angry
Me = troll

You connect the dots, Einstein.

Quote by clincher09

If you really want to go, then just bring your dad along. It can't be that bad.
Quote by altronataku
They must be because you keep responding.

Here's are some genuinely helpful hints:

Troll = Feed off of people's anger, and can be stopped by being ignored
Me = troll

You connect the dots, Einstein.

Well, at least you admit to being a troll, not that it wasn't obvious before. But guess what? I'm not angry at all; in fact, I love watching losers like you try to come up with some elaborate insults and crap. And considering I'm at work with literally nothing to do, this kind of lame entertainment is better than nothing. In fact, I probably should thank you for trying so hard.

Quote by ar73m
Considering you aren't a little child anymore, you could try telling your mom something like you'll be careful and besides you aren't going alone, and concerts always have security there - that might help you convince her. Though from your original post, it seems like she's dead set on not letting you go unless your dad is there so if she's anything like I imagine she is from your post, I doubt you'll be able to convince her.

You could just go with your dad and then lose him in the crowd - not like it'd be hard to do unless it's a tiny small venue you're going to - but you could catch hell for that, too.

Yeah I told her that. And when she was my age she was going to Metallica, Megadeath, Motley Crew and all sorts of crap like that, and now shes telling me I cant go to concerts by myself. Wtf is that?

Quote by poopsmith666

Quote by theBaartMan

<//////> ~

UG's NIN fan club
Quote by ar73m
Well, at least you admit to being a troll, not that it wasn't obvious before. But guess what? I'm not angry at all; in fact, I love watching losers like you try to come up with some elaborate insults and crap. And considering I'm at work with literally nothing to do, this kind of lame entertainment is better than nothing. In fact, I probably should thank you for trying so hard.

I love watching losers like you try to come up with some elaborate insults and crap. And considering I'm at work with literally nothing to do, this kind of lame entertainment is better than nothing. In fact, I probably should thank you for trying so hard.

We have more in common than you think. <3
Quote by clincher09
Yeah I told her that. And when she was my age she was going to Metallica, Megadeath, Motley Crew and all sorts of crap like that, and now shes telling me I cant go to concerts by myself. Wtf is that?

Maybe because she's already seen it all before and knows what kind of things can go down.
Quote by clincher09

Last thing to do would be get upset with her. She might be wrong, but the only reason she's doing this is because she's worried about you, so you should appreciate that. In fact, you could try bringing that up in your argument, too... Something like, "look mom I know you're worried about me and all that, but I'm gonna be okay - it's not like we're going into some wilderness or something, and I'll be with my friends too", something along these lines? I dunno, that's what I'd try with my mom when I was younger and she didn't want me to go to some concert
It'll probably help if you can show her you understand her position; at least worth a try.

Quote by altronataku
I love watching losers like you try to come up with some elaborate insults and crap. And considering I'm at work with literally nothing to do, this kind of lame entertainment is better than nothing. In fact, I probably should thank you for trying so hard.

We have more in common than you think. <3

We might, but there's one insanely big thing that's different about us - you're a worthless piece of sh1t loser, and I'm not.

Page 1 of 2