ive noticed that other players when bending, always bend upward. When im playing i always bend downward unless im on the high E string. Will this pose a problem later in my playing? SHould i continue doing what im doing or should i get in the habit of always bending upward?
My thing is that on the E-G strings, I bend towards the high E-string, and the other two I bend in the opposite direction. I haven't had a problem.
Peavey HP Signature EXP (SH4 JB/ SH2 Jazz)
Jackson DK2M
Fender MIM Stratocaster HSS
Fender MiM Telecaster

EVH 5150 III w/ EVH 2x12 cab
Peavey Vypyr Tube 60
Fender Blues Jr.

Boss ME-50; NS-2; RV-5; BF-3
MXR M101 Phase 90
its all your style. it dosent matter
Quote by Yagushgi
It should be legal to kill each other. That'd put an end to debates and forums like this AND help with population control.
Quote by Vincent745
stfu you stupid ass cracker. go eat some chocolate ass cream.

Quote by RockGuitar92
when i was starting to solo, i bended down because my fingers werent as strong. just keep practicing and youll fing that bending up gives you alot more speed and control once you're dtrong enough to master it
Quote by bi-ah!
this is UG
of course they're going to say
0H it'5 @ jAcK50l\l!??!?!
iT i5 TeH p\/\/naG3!!!

but yeah its fine
bending down and bending up are equally cool. i bend up on light strings, and down on heavy ones.
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
I was taught to bend down, except I dont on the High E. And I'm the worlds best guitarist.(yea right)
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
ok thanks, im just gonna try to get into the habbit, so like you said i could have more control.
Albert King, one of the blues greats, bended downwards.

I bend downwards on E, A and D, I think most people do the same.
Ibanez RG1570
Fender Mexican Fat Strat

Engl Thunder 50 Reverb combo
Engl Classic Combo 350C
Line 6 Flextone III
Roland Microcube

Line 6 Podxt Live
Marshall Guv'nor