Ok Ive been getting into recording and Ive been doing it the cheapy way by going strait from my amp to the line in on my computer.
I got a DI box tonight and was looking for audio interfaces but they didn't carry them, so Im gonna end up buying online but dont know what to get.
So any help would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Gary1989 at Jan 24, 2007,
There are some serious things wrong with the topic of this thread.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
Ummm ok? That really helped alot!
I need an audio interface for under $50, so what if im poor and have no job?
You're not going to find a good audio interface for under 50 dollars. I'm not even sure you can find something that calls itself an audio interface for under 50 dollars. And I'm not sure why you want or need one.

Being poor is not the issue. It's this mentallity of wanting something good or great for very little. If you have little to spend because you're poor, then drop the word "good" in front of your audio hardware descriptions.

I used a Soundblaster Live soundcard for years and years - scoffed at by home musicians of almost any caliber - but I wasn't so naive to believe it was a good soundcard...it's just what I could afford.

So uh...if I were you I'd ditch this interface thing and concentrate on a decent pre-amp. If you're really that poor, and don't want to get a job, then you need to buy things that get you the best bang for the buck. I can only assume you're wanting to record vocals and so forth, because you have everything you need to record your guitar right now, just fine.
Quote by ParanoiaMusic
You're not going to find a good audio interface for under 50 dollars. I'm not even sure you can find something that calls itself an audio interface for under 50 dollars. And I'm not sure why you want or need one.

Being poor is not the issue. It's this mentallity of wanting something good or great for very little. If you have little to spend because you're poor, then drop the word "good" in front of your audio hardware descriptions.

I used a Soundblaster Live soundcard for years and years - scoffed at by home musicians of almost any caliber - but I wasn't so naive to believe it was a good soundcard...it's just what I could afford.

So uh...if I were you I'd ditch this interface thing and concentrate on a decent pre-amp. If you're really that poor, and don't want to get a job, then you need to buy things that get you the best bang for the buck. I can only assume you're wanting to record vocals and so forth, because you have everything you need to record your guitar right now, just fine.
Well Im looking to record my band, and it has alot of buzzing in the demo I did for my freind. I read that an audio interfance would clear this up by changing the analog signal to a digital signal...