okay im really wanting to do a prject so i thought i would make a low wattage tube amp. does anyone know a good (CHEAP) kit? i dont wanna spend over $200.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Yeah, a better option might be to get an Epiphone Valve Junior ($100) and mod the crap out of it
haha well i just found a million sites where i can make my own plexi for about $600. there are many tube amp kits out there and they are CHEAP. im buying on this week. trust me, buy a kit and make your own. you can mod it all you want when building it and plus you can say you've got a custom amp. i highly suggest it. it wayyyyy cheaper too. i also found where i can make a JCM800 too.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by voxdude26
haha well i just found a million sites where i can make my own plexi for about $600. there are many tube amp kits out there and they are CHEAP. im buying on this week. trust me, buy a kit and make your own. you can mod it all you want when building it and plus you can say you've got a custom amp. i highly suggest it. it wayyyyy cheaper too. i also found where i can make a JCM800 too.

link?
Hmm, im having second thoughts on getting a vox head...
EDIT: NICE... Thats 355 for a JCM800 Setup... http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/marshallJCM800_2204/marshallJCM800_2204.htm That cant be right can it??? Can someone PLEASE confrim that the link has all the parts needed. I added em up and it came out to $355, theres no way thats everything is it?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Jan 23, 2007,
Those kits look so sweet. Not just that, they're not much more expensive assembled! They offer excellent value for money.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
ME TOO! i was planning on buying a higher wattage vox but &h1t ill make my own tube amp!!!!
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
I keep hearing about people building their own amps, and I'm getting really interested, but I don't exactly want a vintage Marshall...
Quote by voxdude26
ME TOO! i was planning on buying a higher wattage vox but &h1t ill make my own tube amp!!!!

I was gonna go w/ the Valvetronix head, they sound sooooo nice and for a modeling amp w/out actual tubes its really warm sounding.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
you can find fender amps too. you just gotta look around.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Ceriatone have a host of different kits!
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by soul_power
Hmm, im having second thoughts on getting a vox head...
EDIT: NICE... Thats 355 for a JCM800 Setup... http://www.ceriatone.com/productSubPages/marshallJCM800_2204/marshallJCM800_2204.htm That cant be right can it??? Can someone PLEASE confrim that the link has all the parts needed. I added em up and it came out to $355, theres no way thats everything is it?

nope, I'm guessing you need stuff like tube sockets, pots ans stuff, if you're thinking of just getting the separate parts, you want the kit.
Quote by Charso
nope, I'm guessing you need stuff like tube sockets, pots ans stuff, if you're thinking of just getting the separate parts, you want the kit.

Yeah, i was gonna say that doesnt sound right at all.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Quote by soul_power
Yeah, i was gonna say that doesnt sound right at all.

just email nik, If you can get pots and off board components, like tube sockets and stuff then you're good to go. if not, just get the kits.
it seems like it would be way better to just buy an already built jcm 800 from that site instead of some music store, count me in!
MY RIG!
Fender Blues Junior
Fender Stratocaster standard
Fender Toronado GT HH
Boss OS-2
BBE Sonic Maximizer

Member #31 of the Fender Armada!
Member #2 of the UG Blues Jr. Owners Club!
it is so much cheaper to do it this way. plus you get instructions on how to do it. they make the instructions for someone who doesnt know a THING about amps. plus you can mod then any way you want.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
or just buy it pre assembled. which ever way, ITS CHEAPER!
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by voxdude26
it is so much cheaper to do it this way. plus you get instructions on how to do it. they make the instructions for someone who doesnt know a THING about amps. plus you can mod then any way you want.

It really depends on what you're building, if you're building a low wattage amplifier with TMB and so on, then its usually on the cheap side. If your gonna try to replicate a big, powerful all tube amp, then its usually better to just get it already made in the store. High voltages, like those present in a tube amp are very dangerous, enough to kill. If you want a loud, one channel metal/rock amp, try a peavey windsor, $399, 120 watts. I've been going for the last two weeks to the nearby music store to jam on it after hours. Lots of fun. I'll buy it in a week.
well i am planning on buying a low wattage tube amp kit sometime this week. ive just been thinking on buying a JCM800 preassembled. i dont know really. im just exploring.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Quote by Charso
It really depends on what you're building, if you're building a low wattage amplifier with TMB and so on, then its usually on the cheap side. If your gonna try to replicate a big, powerful all tube amp, then its usually better to just get it already made in the store. High voltages, like those present in a tube amp are very dangerous, enough to kill. If you want a loud, one channel metal/rock amp, try a peavey windsor, $399, 120 watts. I've been going for the last two weeks to the nearby music store to jam on it after hours. Lots of fun. I'll buy it in a week.

Peavey...he would be A LOT better off with the vox.
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
If I was going to build the Ceria Tone kit but supply my own transformers, could I make it any wattage I liked by just changing the transformers?
idk
id like to know tho
Quote by beeboshain
marshall mg100dfx some people slay but i love it, think its a good amp for the money and you cant go wrong with marshall...its english!
Torres engineering, or weber has some low wattage, cheap amp kits
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra