And iw as wondering how the EMG - H4s Are does anyone know and what there like if you know can you please let me know
Passives......your better off with a seymour duncan
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
Passives......your better off with a DiMarzio

Edit: I suppose I should be of a little more help. What kind of tone are you looking for?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Last edited by IsThereLoveInSp at Jan 22, 2007,
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp

Edit: I suppose I should be of a little more help. What kind of tone are you looking for?

Im looking for really heavy rythoms and screaming leads pretty much i dont know if thats a good example of what kind of tone i want but haha thats the best i can explain man
Any bands/guitarists you know that would have a similar sound?
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Any bands/guitarists you know that would have a similar sound?

Id say Old Metallica most likely or a pantera kind of sound just 2 of my all time favrites
Dimarzio Air Norton or Seymour Duncan JB
GEAR

Guitars:
IbanezRG350DX
Slammer Pacer

Amps:
Laney TFX1

Effects:
Zoom G7.1ut
Digitech Death Metal
Seymour Duncan SH-6 for the bridge.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
I'm using a pair of duncans in one guitar, and an EMG 81 and 60 in another. I know that a lot of people don't get on with the EMG's, but they really are perfect for metal.. and admittedly crap for cleans or anything but high gain. I would probably say to go for a Seymour Duncan set.. perhaps an SH4 in the bridge and a JB for the neck. They would cope with old school thrash metal, but you would end up with a much more versitile guitar.
EMG h-4s aren't as good as the actives. I dont see them as an upgrade, because i always see them upgraded to active EMGs (usually 81, 85 and 60s)

i'm a dimarzio fanboy so i'll second the super distortion.

but Bill Lawrence L500s and XL500's are worth a look too (model names are probably incorrect, i always get confused. They are similar to that though)
2005 Ibanez RG1570
1998 Ibanez RG7620
1998 Mesa 2 Ch. Dual Rec
What kind of amp you running through - if its small/basic then you might be better off upgrading that first.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com