Page 1 of 4
Sooo, UG, what is your idea of PERFECT music? Explain it in anyway: bands, instruments, genres, sounds...

Mine would be centered around the Eagles.. kind of that folk/country zest added to the genuine rock n roll just magnificent.. I think Cross Canadian Ragweed portrays a very modern version of them; with the whole southern rock thing.

So whats yours?
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Music that isn't predictable or cliché. Music that relies on creativity and emotional driving force. Music that has memorable melodies without exploiting the melodies' accessibility and "catchiness".

In terms of examples, I can't really think of any. But, Queen's A Night At the Opera and Muse's Origin of Symmetry are pretty decent showcases for what I'm getting at.
Last edited by yawn at Jan 23, 2007,
Will kinda sound gay with my user name and all but yeah probably Rudimentary Peni.
What's up?
Ok, you take all the music that I like, all the music that I hate, and all the music I don't much care for. My perfect music would sound like none of the above, and when I play it on the guitar, it will feel like it was my home all along.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Melodic + Emotion + Energy + Creativity

and uve pretty much got it. any and all music is appreciated for one of these, some stress one part more than others. perfect music would be the perfect balance between these.
Quote by RHCP94
funkdaddyfresh is a real American
A band that uses every single concept used in metal. It's so annoying saying all of your favourite genres when you can just say 'this band'. Lol.

--Masochist Lust
Quote by Masochist_Lust
A band that uses every single concept used in metal. It's so annoying saying all of your favourite genres when you can just say 'this band'. Lol.

--Masochist Lust
So, basically, no experimentation outside the limits of one genre, eh?
A mixture of lightning bolt, the Melvins and Elton john.
New Demos (Oct. 11)

Dropoutoflifewithbonginhand
followthesmoke
towardtherifffilledland

Gear:
Vantage Mystery model Electric Guitar
Peavy TNT 115 Mid 80's model USA
Russian Big Muff
Ibanez 5 string
Something that closely resembles a perfect circle with more of an acoustic touch to it. That would be wonderful.
Quote by soul_power
Serious question. About $1,000 to spend and i really want a monkey. Anyone know where i can get one?

Lol.
Rush plus more solos. Better yet, if 70's to early 80's Rush mixed with Mastodon's Blood Mountain plus more solos. Yeah.
Dream Theater.

/thread
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1
Quote by Musketeer(s)
Dream Theater.

/thread
[thread]

(yes, I just opened the thread back up again, foo)
The "perfect music" would be something very progressive seamlessly melding different genres such as classical, blues, hard rock, jazz, metal and punk into an hour long experience.... Something so grand and magical that it'd be impossible to listen to any one song alone.

And by the time the last notes are closing to the end.. you feel utterly exhausted with feeling so many different emotions ; anger, sadness, joy, reckless abandon, calm, sublime; that you're drained... tired as if you've just come back home from a long journey

That if anyone ever has the infinite balls/skill to make... is the perfect music.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
Symponic Orchestra+Dio -like vocals+ Opeth-like drums+Machinehead-like guitars
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
Quote by yawn
[thread]

Damn
This one time I went to fuck my girlfriend, but I forgot it was April Fool's day. Well, I stuck my penis in, and it turns out she had put hot sauce in her pussy. The rest of the night was pretty bad.

0.999... = 1
something with a guitar, bass, drums and a singer?
Quote by Burtonjp
Thats right.. I'm drooling over your body... *walks off and registers as a gay sex offender *

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Asmigen + Agalloch + Ulver + Burzum + a little bit of Satyricon + Anathema = sex...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Alex The Red
The "perfect music" would be something very progressive seamlessly melding different genres such as classical, blues, hard rock, jazz, metal and punk into an hour long experience.... Something so grand and magical that it'd be impossible to listen to any one song alone.

And by the time the last notes are closing to the end.. you feel utterly exhausted with feeling so many different emotions ; anger, sadness, joy, reckless abandon, calm, sublime; that you're drained... tired as if you've just come back home from a long journey

That if anyone ever has the infinite balls/skill to make... is the perfect music.

I dream that one day I have the balls and the skill, and the brain capacity given to me from god to achieve that goal.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
No such thing as "perfect" music. Some bands i may consider the perfect example of their genre, but never would i consider them to be the perfect example of music. There is no way anyone can say that any genre is more perfect than another genre. It just doesn't work that way
Quote by J.R.R. Tolkein
All that is gold does not glitter; not all those that wander are lost.

Quote by CowboyUp
If a mute swears, does his mum wash his hands with soap?

Food for thought from AussiE
Pink Floyd with Roger Waters NOT SINGING. Roger writes great lyrics, David sings them much better.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You motorboatin son of a bitch.

Quote by ibaRGnez321
I love you LilVikingBoy.

Member of the Church of Gilmour

Dance, Kirby, dance!
(>")> <("< <( " )> (>"< <("^) (^")> <("v) (v")> (v"v) (^"v) (v"^) (^"^)
Long, epic songs combining a wide variety of influences laden with powerful vocals, godly guitar and keyboard work with eloquent drumming and bass playing. Also makes creative use of time signatures, tempo changes, mixed electric/acoustic instrumentation, symphonic backing, layered vocals, song structuring, and technique.

See also: Symphony X
Quote by Aussie Ghost
No such thing as "perfect" music. Some bands i may consider the perfect example of their genre, but never would i consider them to be the perfect example of music. There is no way anyone can say that any genre is more perfect than another genre. It just doesn't work that way

Yes of course, but this is all based on opinion. Its basically "What do you think is the most appealing music in the world to you?"
Quote by Overlord
It's not hard to be nice, but it's nice to be hard
Quote by TimmyPage06
Opeth.

/thread
[thread]

Quote by yawn
[thread]

You know the term /thread actually does nothing to the thread but show everybody whos reading it that that person is very full of themself... right?

And to answer the question its all in my mood. I want different things at different times, I listen to everything from Avenged Sevenfold to the Beatles, Zeppelin, MCR, Blink 182, MSI, The Slackers... But I choose different music for how Im feeling. Im not always in a bubbly Beatles mood or a pissed off MSI mood. I change; so does my music.
Lots of really really fast guitar solos, lyrics about cars, handlebar moustaches, and no faggots allowed.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
Melodic + Emotion + Energy + Creativity

WINNER!!!!!
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
Quote by absinthe5765
You know the term /thread actually does nothing to the thread but show everybody whos reading it that that person is very full of themself... right?
Yes, but I just do that as a symbolic rebuttal
The album "Welcome to Sky Valley" by Kyuss.
I simply cannot take this god-awful place anymore. Goodbye to all the good people here. The rest can fuck off.

Quote by yawn
So, basically, no experimentation outside the limits of one genre, eh?

Well, as the thread says, it is MY idea of perfect music...

--Masochist Lust
Trivium comes extremely close to my perfect kind of music.

Intense rhythms, catchy choruses, sweet metalcore riffs and amazing solos.
My idea of perfect music would be Dream Theater kicking James LaBrie out and hiring Maynard James Keenan as the vocalist and then playing Metropolis pt.2: Scenes From a Memory with MJK singing.
Quote by darkstar2466
Ollieyoufool seems like a self-made man.

Quote by MightyAl
If you punched through plasterboard, I'm pretty sure you can fill it.
If you punched through bricks, why are you scared of your dad?
Quote by Ollieyoufool
My idea of perfect music would be Dream Theater kicking James LaBrie out and hiring Maynard James Keenan as the vocalist and then playing Metropolis pt.2: Scenes From a Memory with MJK singing.

I think I just threw up. Take out a bad singer (ok, not bad. He has great chemistry with the band.. and cmon.. can you imagine Dream Theatre without?) and put a much worse one in?
music written by someone with a true love of what they do, not just trying to get some more money. eg. The Brian Jonestown Massacre
now extra flamey
Page 1 of 4