i havne't watched the whole thing, i know the little kid with the mohawk dies. but did anyone else seen it? it's weird as hell, but i was mesmerized, and the acting was horrible.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I think they just took random people off the street to play the parts, more or less, which would explain the awful acting. I never saw the whole thing either, but a Interesting movie, I s'pose.
Suburbia is Penelope Spheeris' take on an extended family of young punks in the early 80s, who were called The Connected. She changed the name to The Rejected, and then wrote a fictional screenplay based on them. There are several members of the TC in the film, but they were both individually and as a group a lot more complex and intelligent and interesting than portrayed in the movie, imo. Black Flag lived at the second TC House (also called the Oxford House) the summer of 1981.
Quote by RyanEck
I think they just took random people off the street to play the parts, more or less, which would explain the awful acting. I never saw the whole thing either, but a Interesting movie, I s'pose.

Thats becuase they did get random kids and the only ones who were actors were Jack and Flea.

The area of where they filmed the movie is not to far from where I live.

flea is an actor?
Live Slow Die Old.
Flea was one of those "random kids" in the movie. I don't think he was TC, but Maggie, Drew, Bobbi and perhaps Christina were.
Flea's had a ton of tiny roles; Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, The Chase, Big Lebowski, Back to the future (II & III). Can't think of any more at the moment, and they're generally small roles (the ones I've seen have been), but yeah, he does act (not too well though, usually plays some kind of goofy character).
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic