I want to start doing medium sized gigs, and also recording stuff. I need something that will deliver good tone.. loudness is not as important since i could just mic the amp. My budget is basically under $600 US, so i've been considering Vox AD100VT, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Peavey Classic 30. I'll be playing with a Gibson SG, and it is really important that i have capabilities of going from Rush-esque tone(YYZ, La Villa Strangiato) to good cleans. I like bands like Iron Maiden, Cream, Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zep, and Yes.

Any suggestions will help, especially if they're in the price range(< 600 USD)....
Don't get the Peavey, personally I would lean towards the Fender Hot Rod Deluxe but both that and the Vox would be excellent amps from what I've heard.
Being a Laney fanboy that I am, I'd suggest you look into either LC-II or VC series. LC 30-II would most likely have enough volume for you, and it's a very versatile amp that really shines in anything rock while maintaining a very nice clean channel as well. VC is warmer and somewhat 'softer' than LC - less power, but it's got a very sweet vintage vibe to it. If you have a chance to try them out, definitely do so - they're great amps, I'd definitely pick one of these two over the ones you've listed, without any doubts.
Jackson DKMG & KE3, Fender Mexican Strat, Stagg Acoustic

Boss Compressor & Chorus, Dunlop Crybaby, Behringer Delay, ISP Decimator, Ibanez Tubescreamer

Laney TT50H, Marshall 1960A, Roland Cube 15

Looking to jam in Belfast, PM me!
Quote by jkidd999
I want to start doing medium sized gigs, and also recording stuff. I need something that will deliver good tone.. loudness is not as important since i could just mic the amp. My budget is basically under $600 US, so i've been considering Vox AD100VT, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Peavey Classic 30. I'll be playing with a Gibson SG, and it is really important that i have capabilities of going from Rush-esque tone(YYZ, La Villa Strangiato) to good cleans. I like bands like Iron Maiden, Cream, Rush, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Led Zep, and Yes.

Any suggestions will help, especially if they're in the price range(< 600 USD)....

I'd go fender
i heard that adding pedals to your amp sucks tone.. is this true? and how much would it cost to get a good pedal compatible with fender hot rod deluxe
Quote by jkidd999
loudness is not as important since i could just mic the amp.

If volume isn't a big concern, you might want to look at the Blues Jr. At 15W, it's pretty gigable on it's own, but mic'd it'll do anything. Plus, you'll have a couple hundred bucks left over for any accessories you may want to add.

Otherwise, the Hot Rod and Classic 30 are great amps. Fender's probably better for the cleans you'll need. The Vox AD series makes for terrific practice amps, but once you get to a certain size, it's time to go all tube. You won't regret it.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
Quote by jkidd999
i heard that adding pedals to your amp sucks tone.. is this true? and how much would it cost to get a good pedal compatible with fender hot rod deluxe

Well, you're going to have to get a true bypass pedal.
Sent from my iPad.