When you paint a pickguard, will pick scratches take the paint off as opposed to just scratching it?
MG Free At Last
it will most likely sratch the paint. you can put a clear coat on it. but in time that will scratch off too.

wreck 'em tech. they did prety baller in thier bowl game.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
I dont even know if this is possible, but i have just thought of it,

how about a totally clear/see-through pick-guard, paint on the other side (the side facing the insides of the guitar(try slightly brighter/vivid colours of paints so they show throgh better through the plastic) then you'll see what you painted, but have a normal pick-guard...

Once again though, I dont even know if you can get totally see-through pickguards, or if it would look alrite....?
Krylon make a good paint that adheres very well to plastic.Just clean it and scuff with some light sandpaper 600 ,I wouldn't go any bigger.Then a couple coats of clear and final sand and polish.I've done a few already and they turn out nice.
Quote by Hakanku
I dont even know if this is possible, but i have just thought of it,

how about a totally clear/see-through pick-guard, paint on the other side (the side facing the insides of the guitar(try slightly brighter/vivid colours of paints so they show throgh better through the plastic) then you'll see what you painted, but have a normal pick-guard...

Once again though, I dont even know if you can get totally see-through pickguards, or if it would look alrite....?

on stewmac.com you can buy clear pickguards that might be worth a try.
I've used Rust-O-Leum paint for plastic on several mods as the basepaint or primer. Then I shot Krylon or Duplicolor colorcoat for the graphics, then clearcoat.

The coats have held very well even with the extra hard picks. I used the same for the trem cover below.