behringers are alright i spose but apparently there a real pain in the arse if somethings needs to get fixed on them because the use cheap parts and its hard to replace them
"... I don't want you to play me a riff that's going to impress Joe Satriani; give me a riff that makes a kid want to go out and buy a guitar and learn to play ..." - Ozzy Osbourne

MY BANDS MY SPACE
http://www.myspace.com/bloodoverexodus
you get what you pay for. since your beginning i guess t'll be ok because their not that expensive
Quote by IROBOTInferno
Dumbass that is a classical guitar, use nylon strings or the neck will crack... and not the kind you were smoking when you wrote this.
The amp is good, but i suggest that you get the V-tone guitar pack only difference is the guitar and no tuning pedal, but it's for only $99US so it couldn't hurt.
Quote by lithiumftw
i am actually lolling right now!!! lmao!

After 1 and a half long years, someone laughed at one of my posts.

F*CK YEAH
i wouldn't get the behringer starter pack. i've tried out behringer, squire, yamaha, and ibanez and i think the behringer was the shittiest sounding out of all of them. i'd go with either the ibanez or the squire
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
i would get a micro cube $125 USD
and a dean evo or squier 51' $100 USD.
a korg tuner and a cable. $20

then ur working wt a great starter set.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
dont get it!
even if your beginning!
you could get a harley benton sg pack! its about 130€,it has better fell than the behringer and its cheaper!
I agree with Jenny, she is giving you good advice. I have actually held one of those behringer starters in my talented hands, and though I think it could be fixed to play decent, it needs a lot of work. The fret board felt "dry", the edges of the frets were razor-sharp, it needed a set-up at the minimum. Of course, I recommend one everytine you change strings anyway..........
Quote by SG-Newkronic
+1 You can't beat an ibanez, and this starter pack is pretty good (link)> http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-IJX121Metal-Guitar-Jumpstart-Package?sku=518877 this one may be a little more but well worth it

Ever think that he may not want to play metal?

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG7321-7String-Electric-Guitar?sku=518876

Get that, it's versatile, and has some of the specs of a damn good guitar (alder body, 22 frets instead of 21 like most starters), and it's not too pricey.
Dickless.
the biggest problem with starter packs, are the crap amps they toss in there.

i dont care which pack u toss into this thread there isnt one that can compare even the slightest to the microcube or the vox DA5.

both come with effects and great tone for about $120-140.

the guitar needs to be a real wood guitar like the alder squier 51 humbucker/single coil, or basswood dean evo humbucker-humbucker guitar.

the other crap they toss into starter packs are just crap.

the tuners dont always work right, and are useless for drop tuning.

buy a $korg chromatic tuner. it will last forever.

also many times the cables they toss in the starter packs are usually broken within months.

they cause hum and crackle, and then just stop working.

lastly, when buying gear at a shop u can get them to toss some free strings, maybe picks, or even a cable. they like to make sales.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

^ +1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
haha, i feel very blessed this morning. dave is +1-ing me all over the place, even faz agreed wt me a couple times today.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^ yeah, you rule.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by jj1565
i would get a micro cube $125 USD
and a dean evo or squier 51' $100 USD.
a korg tuner and a cable. $20

then ur working wt a great starter set.

Jenny speaks the truth.
the biggest problem with starter packs, are the crap amps they toss in there.QUOTE]

My brother and cousin both began on this and the amp is really good for the price the amp is much better than the guitar i use the amp and ive been playing for 5 years the amp is good but the guitar is crap i wouldnt get it find a better kit or see if u can get the epi les paul junior it should cost abot the same and get the amp seperatley.
My first axe was a Behringer and i gotta say its way better than a squier strat (if you set it up). Atleast it was better than all the quiers i played.
Quote by 420 FREAK

My brother and cousin both began on this and the amp is really good for the price the amp is much better than the guitar i use the amp and ive been playing for 5 years the amp is good but the guitar is crap i wouldnt get it find a better kit or see if u can get the epi les paul junior it should cost abot the same and get the amp seperatley.

Holy crap, now that's a sentence.

the microcube's still better.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Evil_Magician
My first axe was a Behringer and i gotta say its way better than a squier strat (if you set it up). Atleast it was better than all the quiers i played.

+1 thats what i started with. obviously not the best guitar, but if you set it up right it's great. i paid 115 and havent gotten a better deal yet. the amp isnt bad, i still use it in my room because a half stack is too loud and old fenders will shock you if you play on a floor with metal on it.
Quote by Evil_Magician

When buying packs,you can neve be sure...Yours might be good,but the next one might be crapy as hell.Thats a fact with every factiry made guitar...And behringer isnt that good in making guitar I recall...Better get a Squier or an Epi if you can afford it...And a cheap effects pedal with headphones out so you save a lot and can still paly throuh headphones...Save for a decent amp and of you go..!
My gear:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Fender DG-11E Black (Acoustic)
-Marshall AVT50
-Cry Baby "Wylde Wah"
-Roland RE-20 Space Echo
^ok like for the 10th time.

if u get a microcube u dont need a cheap effects pedal, u get about 8 usable effects.

wt the left over cash there are a couple of good starter guitars. the epi special isnt one of them IMO.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

^ +1, again.

cheap multi-fx aren't any better than usable anyway, you might as well get the microcube. and that way you have a half-decent amp too. and save some money.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Its fine [ =
Member #4 of the iPods Suck Balls Club.
PM Oblivious16037 to join!

Quote by basssoldier
when i was 7 i saw my mom naked while taking a sh** it was pretty sick cuz shes fat....

Quote by Soul Power
Your my hero dementedpuppy.

Last.fm
POOP
I Got this.
i found mine was S****. its went out of tune fast. the best part of it is the Amp. its not great but better than the guitar. the Guitar isnt set up too well.

i would recomend you stay away from Behringer Guitar's. but they do have some good recording gear.
it ok for a starter, but it still sucks something fierce!
i smashed mine once i replaced it.
i gave the amp to a noob who just started playing, and within 2 weeks, he told me that it sucked.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
yah its good. buy one ive had it. but dont give the amp too much pressure becasue mine blew.
^cant do that, ur going to get banned.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62