I need some new inspiration and where to look for the cool fingerstyle songs.
something in the line of Classical gas or anything Tommy Emmanuel or something.

If you play fingerstyle, please post your favorite song to play

Thanks
Playing since december 2004
Quote by BloodMoon666

*sports commentator voice*
And this thread is over!

Wonderful match by TS but in the end simply overwhelmed by the pure skill and simplicity of unfluffed. A true professional in action.
Nothing Else Matters and Stairway to Heaven pretty much....
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
"These Days", by Nico (off the Royal Tenenbaums soundtrack, its the song when Margot is getting off the bus), and "Girl from the north country" by Bob Dylan, the version on Freewheelin' are probably my two favorites. Right when I started I tried to play the Nico song, and it took a year to get it decently since it was one of the first songs I tried to learn.

EDIT: I almost forgot, I do a pretty decent fingerstyle version of "California Dreamin'" by the Mamas and the Papas.
road trippin' - red hot chili peppers
Blackbird - Paul McCartney/Beatles
Rondo Alla Turka is by far the funnest fingerstyle piece to play

When I read the thread title I thought you meant you wanted us to post our own songs...
If you can get hold of it,

Elevation Music - Don Ross.

htpp://www.olivergoldingmusic.com
Hey Hey By Big Bill Broonzy. Or the Eric Clapton version. It's just so damn fun to play! I could seriously sit there and play the song the whole day if I had that kind of time.

It's a technically simple song and you won't spend too much time learning it I don't think. You might have to listen to the song and play along at first to get the rythym right, as I did. This song is so damn good I just can't get over it!

Edit: Big Bill Broonzy was quite the fingerstyle bluesman, if you are interested in blues you should check out his stuff.
Quote by BearWithAGun
I've only known one man to use such a gun, and I believe I've killed him two times
Stuff like

Streets Of London - Ralph McTell
Dry Bone Rag - Ralph McTell (Originally Blind Blake)
The Boxer - Simon and Garfunkel
Classical Gas - Tommy Emmanuel
Mombasa - Tommy Emmanuel
So Clear - John Renbourn/Pentangle
Jack Fig - Leo Kottke (really need to play this again - I've almost forgotten how to!)

LOADS of the stuff I play is fingerpicking, and I really won't post it all (can't even think of all the stuff I play off the top of my head). Look into some fingerpicking blues, such as things like Clapton's Unplugged session, John Renbourn, Stefan Grossman, Bert Jansch etc etc.
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
hmmm cant believe it hasnt been mentioned yet,,, "Dust in the wind" by kansas, tears in heaven (clapton) . a little more modern rock: down in a hole (AIC), Right here (staind), Broken (seether) Release (pearl Jam)
Last edited by Findinghomer at Jan 25, 2007,
I've been working on a fingerstyle version of Whiter Shade of Pale (working on as in playing; I didn't arrange it).
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
The Trees - Rush
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club