Well, since pretty much every other vs thread in here ends in an Xbox fanboy jumping up and down orgasming over how much his console is better and giving no indication whatsoever why, might as well get an official PS3 discussion thread going for those who have/are looking to buy one.

If you want to rave about how much the 360 is better then there are a million threads for that. Go post there and don't spam up this one.

So, has anyone who has a PS3 used the internet browser function yet? Back at home my family use a laptop, but since the PS3 will be plugged into the TV anyway, we figure we'll just plug in a wireless keyboard and use that. Is it similar to the PSP browser?

Also, what games are people going to buy/have people already bought? Any recommendations?
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I saw a video of some people queuing for days, in order to buy the first two PS3's ever.. then they proceeded to obliterate them with hammers, right next to the droves of whining teenagers in line. They almost cried - hilarious.
This graph illustrates the number of PS3s you have vs. the number of PS3s I have.

So damn funny.
we would be having so much. too bad its not out yet.
Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
I vote you for Australian of the Year.

Quote by Dunjma
lol yea chuck the sicky! what an aussie tradition angels fighter i too vote u for aussie of the year

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I call bullsh*t. White people don't get sacked.

Visit my friends Site
Are you guys getting it in March like us in the UK?

Im hoping to grab one when im in the states in feb, works out cheaper that way anyway

Quote by MattIgoe0108
Are you guys getting it in March like us in the UK?

Im hoping to grab one when im in the states in feb, works out cheaper that way anyway

It will be NTSC format won't it? You won't be able to play UK games on it.
From what i've been told its region free. And anyway, the US is bound to have more games released there than over here

Quote by MattIgoe0108
From what i've been told its region free. And anyway, the US is bound to have more games released there than over here

Cool if it's region free but if it's NTSC then you will have to get all your games from the US for ever and ever amen.
Have you people not seen the true power of the PS3?

I'm in the 'Australia FTW' Club. Join

Hi
The PS3 is region-free. I have one and they are sweeeet but I'm gonna sell it and get a UK one when they come out. I live in t' UK ya see.
Cant wait for it in Auz, even tho i wont get it for a year or so lol, or at least till i repay my amp debt.
They are well and definately worth it. Don't listen to 360 fanboys. I don't have anything against 360, I have one of those as well, but PS3 is a lot better than people take it granted for.
MODE-6, you may be able to answer my question then

Is the internet browser any good? is it compatible with a wireless keyboard?

Quote by MattIgoe0108
MODE-6, you may be able to answer my question then

Is the internet browser any good? is it compatible with a wireless keyboard?

Haven't used it online yet. Apparently it doesn't work here because the network isn't up. Ill give it a balst soon though and I'll post it up here when I've tried it