Hey, I'm new to bass playing, though I have been playing the guitar for about a year and a half. I've picked up a bunch of little tips from bassists I've jammed with, and I know the basics of playing bass. Recently, I got recording software, and I've been recording my own stuff with my guitar and drum loops. But I still need a bass in it to fill out the sound nicely.

My question is, what do you think would be a good bass for a beginner to record with? I doubt I'll be playing a gig as a bassist anytime soon, so it'll only be for recording. And with that, how about an amp that would sound good?

Thanks
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.
Try a fender starter package? They're cheap, alright basses and a tiny amp for you to use. It sounds like that's all you need.
try a cort my sister got one and sounds fairly good for the price, it came with an active pickup but you can use it without the battery cause it has a passive with it and in your case you wouldnt use it sh#t loads. whats your price range?
Cort def, especially for playability, try the action, better then any squire and more then gig worthy for the future. Pickups are the only semi good things bout them so you'd be set
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
At this point, I have a max of maybe $500 US for both the bass and amp. But I'll definitely look into the Cort, thanks!
Guitars
Epiphone G-400
Ibanez RG350DX
Amps
Marshall MG50DFX
Fender Bronco
Pedals
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
MXR EVH Flanger
Boss MT-2
Boss NS-2

www.myspace.com/readysetbingo

Quote by Baba O'Riley
SGRocker407 you have some epic hair. Most curly.