Ive finally decided on a JCM900 and as there arent any decent music stores around me it could be a few weeks until I can try one out, so until then, has anyone got any experience/comments/opinions on this amplifier? I want RHCP cleans, AC/DC crunch and heavy sound for things like Metallica that my drummer likes to play.

My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Well ive onwed a JCM900. My verdict is this:
Awesome cleans, extremly good.
Awesome higher gain distortion, will do Metallica.
Not that nice crunch. When i had mine i could never find that crunch for classic rock i wanted. I tried but i never got what i wanted, it wasn't right for me so i sold it.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Im not too fussed about crunch, cleans and high gain are the important ones.
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap

Argh! Stop changing your mind on what amp you're getting!

Go to every music shop within a 1000 mile radius of you (exaduration), and try out every amp in there, don't keep deciding on amps people have suggested.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Its a great amp. I play a 4100 head with a 1960A cabinet. On the A channel which is the rythym channel you can definetly get the Classic rock crunch. I use a TS808 in front of that channel to really tighten things up. The lead channel or B channel is great for anything from Green Day to Metallica. I use an EQ to thicken the tone, though, but just the guitar through the amp is an awesome setup.
The trick to the JCM 900 is in the tubes. Use whatever you want for the preamp...12ax7's are great. ECC83S's are great. The poweramp tubes, however, I would recommend using 6L6's instead of the EL34's or 5881's that may be in it. Really takes the harshness out of the amp and tighens up the low end. Great for harder rock and metal.
Take my advice or leave it. I'm just telling you from experience.
Dont be swayed if you are wanting the JCM 900 just because someone doesnt think it does everything except make coffee for you. Its a VERY versatile amp.
Quote by R_H_C_P
Argh! Stop changing your mind on what amp you're getting!

Go to every music shop within a 1000 mile radius of you (exaduration), and try out every amp in there, don't keep deciding on amps people have suggested.

No truely I have decided Sorry for being so annoying man
My Gear :
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Red Furry guitar strap