has anyone else seen these amps advertised on the Behringer website?....they say they were debuted at NAMM and they seem to be modeled after the Peavey xxx and the 6505....they are all tube and go for around $650 brand new...anyone else seen these or have any other info??
I think gabe posted about them elsewhere. it's an extremely unfortunate name, I'll say that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Still looks like a decent amp. If Shane Gibson plays them they have to be good.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Behringer never invented, developed or created any damn thing except incredibly cheap imitations of other people's products. They have a one year warranty and B will stand solidly behind it. But it will break after the warranty period and it will not be worth fixing.

If you buy something good, you'll have it for the rest of your life. These are all going to be landfill in 5 - 10 years.

You're better off buying something smaller with fewer gadgets that is built to last. Then when you move on it'll still have some resale value.

Ron
Bugera is it's own amp company.
Behringer is just helping them out now from what I understand.
So please, don't expect the same quality out of Bugera as you do out of Behringer.
I think the Bugera's will be amazing once Behringer starts distrubuting them in the second quarter.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

They are pretty blatant copies of the Peavey XXX and 5150/6505 amps.

That being said if the price is right and they sound like the originals i'd buy them.
My Gear :

Guitar:
Squier '51 (Dimarzio PAF Pro) (10-52s)
Roland Cube 15
Behringer X-V-Amp
Digitech Bad Monkey
BOSS DS-1 (modded)

Bass:
Yamaha RBX270 (55-110s)
Behringer BXL900
EHX Bass Balls Pedal
EHX Big Muff Pi Pedal
Sounds pretty badass.
Looks like I'll be pickin' up the 6260 for $589 new.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Last edited by Unskathed at Feb 11, 2007,
Quote by Unskathed
Bugera is it's own amp company.
Behringer is just helping them out now from what I understand.
So please, don't expect the same quality out of Bugera as you do out of Behringer.
I think the Bugera's will be amazing once Behringer starts distrubuting them in the second quarter.

ALL Behringers come with Bugera speakers. They ARE the same quality, because they are the parts that Behringer uses. And you will find that the speakers in Behringers are pretty much the weakest link in a fairly fragile chain. It's sort of a tie with those stupid cheap hollow shaft pots that break when you look at them hard.

You may know more about the finer points of the corporate structures of these companies. Me, I'll just lump them together and think of them the same way I do Chinese tools, good enough if you're only going to do a job one time, or until you get paid and can afford something decent.

Companies like Behringer don't just help someone out.

Ron
shoulda called it the 666 for it's quality- the clip sounded horrible, but it may have just been that guy's playing. i'm not getting one.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Quote by Ronsonic
ALL Behringers come with Bugera speakers. They ARE the same quality, because they are the parts that Behringer uses. And you will find that the speakers in Behringers are pretty much the weakest link in a fairly fragile chain. It's sort of a tie with those stupid cheap hollow shaft pots that break when you look at them hard.

You may know more about the finer points of the corporate structures of these companies. Me, I'll just lump them together and think of them the same way I do Chinese tools, good enough if you're only going to do a job one time, or until you get paid and can afford something decent.

Companies like Behringer don't just help someone out.

Ron

Bugera is it's own company.
Behringer uses Bugera speakers, so, just because the speakers suck, means that the amps will too? I know Bugera speakers are terrible, because I have a GMX with 2 Bugera's in it, and they suck like something fierce. What I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't hurt to have a little faith in companies. I think it's downright stupid to judge a company based on its distributor.

Anyway, I think a Bugera head with some V30 speakers would sound awesome.

Just listen to the vid on Gearwire, it sounds horrible. I can get better tone out of an MG.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Quote by Unskathed
Bugera is it's own company.
Behringer uses Bugera speakers, so, just because the speakers suck, means that the amps will too? I know Bugera speakers are terrible, because I have a GMX with 2 Bugera's in it, and they suck like something fierce. What I'm trying to say, is that it doesn't hurt to have a little faith in companies. I think it's downright stupid to judge a company based on its distributor.

Anyway, I think a Bugera head with some V30 speakers would sound awesome.

If we don't judge it by the distributor, then lets judge it by the parts that have their name on it. If they build crap speakers then what sort of transformers do you suppose they'll come up with.

Buy a used 5150 for the same money and kick its ass and be playing long after that crap has been recycled.

Ron
Hello everyone, i have had the bugera 333xl and the 6260 amps. When i recieved the 333xl it sounded ok at best. I tore the cabinet apart and installed some Celestion T100 Speakers and it made the amp sound much fuller and had a rich tone to it. Same thing with the 6260. All in all these amps have a great sound when it is eq'ed to your favorite sound. My specs on the 333xl for my crunch/lead channel B-5 M-0 T-6 Drive to taste and have at it. I have yet to have a problem at all. I let the amps warm up several minutes before playing and atleast an hour before recording. To hear both amps in action www.myspace.com/speedyclaxton2008 my band recorded with them and it came out well.
Quote by xroognx
Hello everyone, i have had the bugera 333xl and the 6260 amps. When i recieved the 333xl it sounded ok at best. I tore the cabinet apart and installed some Celestion T100 Speakers and it made the amp sound much fuller and had a rich tone to it. Same thing with the 6260. All in all these amps have a great sound when it is eq'ed to your favorite sound. My specs on the 333xl for my crunch/lead channel B-5 M-0 T-6 Drive to taste and have at it. I have yet to have a problem at all. I let the amps warm up several minutes before playing and atleast an hour before recording. To hear both amps in action www.myspace.com/speedyclaxton2008 my band recorded with them and it came out well.

wow, it took u 3 years to write all of that huh?
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by xroognx

damn, Myspace really destroys the quality of music.
This thread is from like 2 years ago...

however it's funny how people back then were all over Bugera saying "they suck", or "they're terrible" and now Bugera is a hot UG recommendation.
That's one epic bump. Als, the bumper needs more mids.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
Am I not the only one perverted enough to think 'Bugger Her' instead of Bugera??????

wow, i wasn't that bad, i thought it just sounded a bit like "bugger"...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?