If it says something like 'Only use specified Boss AC adaptor' on a pedal, does it really matter or is it just them trying to make you buy something which is rediculously overpriced? Ive got one of those adaptors which you can change voltage and polarity on and Im wonderin is it usually ok to use them....

Im askin because my crybaby kinda stopped working, but it always was playing up. I just dont want to break anymore if thats what did it. Cheers for any replies.
as long as the voltage rating etc. a.ll matches up, and the polarity, you should be ok. Though it might void your warranty.

I hate big companies.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
when you say that it isnt working anymore... what do you mean? is it not getting any power to it or is the power comming through and its not turning on? ...is the adapter plugged in?