Hi there,

So what Fuzz pedal can give me that classic, chunky and warm Hendrix-like 60's sound?
I have no idea.. are those Boss pedals any good?

Oh and if it matters, I have got a Line 6 Spider II 112, Dunlop Crybaby and a good made in Japan Squier. Of course I'd like the pedal to work well with my gear .

Thanks in advance!
Well, Hendrix used an Arbiter Fuzz Face, but I think the ones currently produced are a bit "lacking." Still, you should check them out if you can. As far as fuzz pedals, though, you can't go wrong with a Big Muff.
Hi, I'm Peter
I have a big muff, but i have trouble getting a good physchadelic tone out of it, it always sounds very modern

any tips for me and possibly the TS?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Roger Mayer Axis or Classic Fuzz.

But throw away that amp first.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
i have a russian muff, but I'm currently gassing for a ZVEX Fuzz Factory. Those things sound awesome

Dragonforce are the worst band I have ever heard.

i second that
It took me two years to find that I've wasted five years of my life

Proud Laney VH100R owner!
Quote by R_H_C_P

But throw away that amp first.

No thank you, not everybody has got enough money to buy a 'good' amp .

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out if I get the chance!
Quote by Cizzie
No thank you, not everybody has got enough money to buy a 'good' amp .

And thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them out if I get the chance!

You could've got better than a spider for the money, but I guess that's irrelevant if you like it.

Anyway, a big muff will work well. They don't sound "too modern", thats only if you crank the dials right up.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Quote by timi_hendrix
You could've got better than a spider for the money, but I guess that's irrelevant if you like it.

I actually the Spider II 112 I bought was a special offer it was almost half it's original price! From €420 to €280. And my teacher went to the store the check it out for me and he said it was probably the best for me in that price range.
Fulltone '69 or '70 fuzz. You can get them on eBay.

www.fulltone.com
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Dont need to look more kiddo this is the same Hendrix got to use in purple haze so i think this is what your looking for look pedal in here

Built to the exact specifications of the Original Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face. Ruggedly constructed to the original Germanium PNP transistor design and vintage specs. The classic fuzz box used by Jimi Hendrix and other legendary rockers of the 60's and 70's. Powered by the Dunlop ECB-201 AC Jump and/or 9 volt battery.

Hahve fun :P
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Line6
Dont need to look more kiddo this is the same Hendrix got to use in purple haze so i think this is what your looking for look pedal in here

Built to the exact specifications of the Original Dallas-Arbiter Fuzz Face. Ruggedly constructed to the original Germanium PNP transistor design and vintage specs. The classic fuzz box used by Jimi Hendrix and other legendary rockers of the 60's and 70's. Powered by the Dunlop ECB-201 AC Jump and/or 9 volt battery.

Wrong.

Dunlop Fuzz Faces are crap, I had one, I know. And they're not built to exact specs.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Well i might say indeed they dont sound just the same (a friend just bought one i went over to check it out) but we played a bit with it and hes crappy ye old squier sounded just like in purple haze 0.o so we just ROCK N ROLL! the neighbourhood down.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
homos.

NYC bigg muff pi mmmmmm
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
Again, if you don't get a Fulltone '69 or '70, you're an idiot. They shit all over modern Fuzz Faces. The '69 is for Purple Haze era Hendrix, and the '70 is for Band of Gypsys era stuff.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
cornell fuzz face is the ultimate best fuzz

or

boss are realeasing a fuzz that might be good

or

rip the speakers on an overdriven combo and mic it up thats how link wray did it!
I listened to fulltone '69 soundclips but I didn't hear anything special? It was nice.

I'll check out as much as I can!
The Big Muff was apparently designed with Hendrix specifically in mind, and he tested some of the protoytpes, but never got a chance to play the finished one... So checking out a Big Muff is definitely a good plan. Plus, every man and his dog's got one, so they must have something going for them.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
Quote by Strat_Monkey
Plus, every man and his dog's got one, so they must have something going for them.

What are you trying to say? Sorry I'm Dutch...
But ehh, I am a girl .
Quote by Line6

Hahve fun :P

*kicks Line6 in the balls*

Fulltone 69 or 70.

Btw Cizzie, where in Holland do you live?
Quote by Cizzie
What are you trying to say? Sorry I'm Dutch...
But ehh, I am a girl .

Lol, sorry. Of course if wou weren't a girl I'd hit you and say DIE, N00B, I AM TEH R0XX0R.

Anyway, a translation of what I said: A lot of people use Big Muffs, so there must be something good about them.
Feel free to ignore my ranting.

Member of the Self-Taught Club.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a close-minded moron.
honestly, don't listen to a guy whose username is line6. they're not a horrible amp if you're on a budget, but seriously, stay away from dunlop fuzz.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Dunlop Fuzz Face - Crap
Boss Fuzz pedal - Bound to be crap. It's a modeling pedal.
Original Fuzz Face - Great, but its gonna cost you.
Big Muff Pi - I have the NYC one and I it.
Zvex Fuzz - It's Z.Vex, so it basically has to be good.
Sent from my iPad.
I've never really thought the Big Muff was anything special when I had one.... very plain really... and they're not very versatile.... kinda boring.

I would suggest a DIY fuzz from GGG. Sure you have to do all the work, and you need to know how to solder... but it's a lot easier than you'd think, and a lot of fun. I've only been doing this for 6 months, and have built 4 effects already, and have 2 more in the works. I don't think I'l ever buy mass produced pedal ever again.

http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=45&Itemid=77

I just made 2 of the Late 60's Boutique Fuzz Face... 1 with germaniums transistors, and 1 with silicon transistors. They both sound great. The germanium fuzz has rich harmonics, it's smooth and creamy, and has awesome bass (by far my fav of the 2). But if you like higher gain the silicon would be best... it's very harsh, but in a good way. Both are very versatile, and sound great.

Just my $.02.
Hai UG!
Diaz Texas Square Face Fuzz. This is pretty much the fuzz unit that Diaz made for Stevie Ray Vaughan. I'm not really a "let's copy SRV's tone" guy, but I think it's pretty cool!