Page 1 of 2
Okay, it seems everyone who is old enough to talk these days has a cell phone. I am almost 19 and I just bought my first, which I will be paying for entirely on my own. The main reason I bought it is that at university, I am rarely in my room, and neither is anyone else, so if I want to contact people, I need a cell phone. Also, over the next few years, my phone number will be changing alot (I will move out of residence, back to London for a bit, up to the cottage, back to Ottawa in a new apartment, back to London, etc) so I kind of needed a phone number that would change, especially for when I get a bit older and start meeting with business professionals and all that fun stuff.

So, how many people have one and what do you use if for?
i have one because../
wait a second..

back to london you say?
thus you are most likely english/british?
why the hell are you calling it a 'cell phone', its mobile phone foo'#
I have a cell phone because Im at uni and never in one place at a time to be found. So if people need to contact me I need a cell. It doesnt help that I leave it in my room though.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I have one... and I have it because it's useful. Just good to be able to get in contact with people, and let people get in contact with you no matter where you are.
or is it just another place the yanks have stolen off the british?
[thats not true seeing as how we collonized Namerica, but eh oh well]
like washington in the uk is a really tiny boring inbred village
pfft
Quote by philipisabeast
i have one because../
wait a second..

back to london you say?
thus you are most likely english/british?
why the hell are you calling it a 'cell phone', its mobile phone foo'#

no, no, sorry. London, Ontario.
Although mobile is a much better name than cell, maybe I'll start calling it that. Or cellular. haha, "ya just call me on my cellular telephone"
^ He means London, Ontario I reckon...

Anyways I got one just over a year ago, because Rogers called my mom and asked her if she wanted to add another phone to my parents' family plan for a total less than what they were paying for only 2 phones. So it really made no sense NOT to get one. Otherwise, I probably still wouldn't have a cell phone. Useful little dealie, I guess. I use it to... call... people. But yeah, people these days really overuse them. I myself have fallen victim to the evils of text messaging lately.

EDIT: Damn am I ever slow about that Ontario thing.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE
If I have bad creepy dreams tonight, your ass is toast Still Life

Quote by skeptopotamus
Dream Sexy...dream Still Life...

Last.fm runs my life
I have one:
1) I like to text
2) I like to phone people and talk to them
3) My phone has a walkman built in, thus i do not need to carry around a big ipod
4) My phone has a built in 3.2MP camera, thus i do not need to carry around a massive camera for those special moments which might happen randomly
5) My phone has a HTML browser for those times i want to find something out while out.
6) My phone is a TV incase i get bored while out
7) My phone has video calling, just incase i feel like seeing someone while i talk to them
8) It has bluetooth (what phone doesnt now-a-day?) for sending files to my computer and back
9) I can use my phone like a USB mass storage device
10) Its my alarm clock for the morning
11) Its my calender / notepad
12) I can use it to send stuff to a printer to be printer
13) Its contains pictures of my contacts, their phone numbers, home phone numbers, email addresses, website URLs etc
14) I can use it to send emails if need be
15) Its a remote control
16) I can record phone calls if i need to listen to them again
17) It has a radio so i dont need to carry a radio around either
18) It can turn off its signal so i can use it on planes and in hospitals
19) Its an RSS Feed reader so i can read news / information / stuf on ultimate guitar easily

Im on contact, i get unlimited text messages, and this month i have 1000 minutes to use up, and 30 minutes of free video calling.

There you go. Lets just say its fucking awesome!
Been away, am back
i have one...its so i can call when im out of the house.

plus it has an mp3 player and a pretty good cam (i use the cam daily).

its a good package in a small thing
Quote by fps_doug
no, no, sorry. London, Ontario.
Although mobile is a much better name than cell, maybe I'll start calling it that. Or cellular. haha, "ya just call me on my cellular telephone"

how about: my portable, cellular telephonic device.

yea i got one. It's never on and i really don't like them, but incase of emergencies, or if it's useful.
^ Shit well that's not a phone anymore. That's some horrible mutation of one.

EDIT: I'm just so slow... again. That was to Logz' post.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE

Quote by skeptopotamus

Last.fm runs my life
Quote by Still Life

I figured

To be honest, its brilliant. I dont need to carry around a pen and paper, a computer, a radio, a video Ipod, a camera / video recorder, a TV, a USB pen etc. Its briliant
Been away, am back
Quote by Still Life

Learn to touch type
Because my mommy and daddy want me to be able to contact them when I need them.
Because I can call someone for help if someone is trying to kill me.
Because I can easily contact my friends by text messaging.
Because I like to take pictures with it.
Because I love my Happy Tree Friends-theme ringtone. YAY!
Quote by Logz
I figured

To be honest, its brilliant. I dont need to carry around a pen and paper, a computer, a radio, a video Ipod, a camera / video recorder, a TV, a USB pen etc. Its briliant

And how much does a beast like that cost? And is it even CALLED a phone anymore at this point?? I mean, my phone can take pictures and all, but it is certaily not 3.2MP.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE

Quote by skeptopotamus

Last.fm runs my life
From London? Me too, but I also move around a lot 'cause of university. Maybe I should get a cell phone.
Quote by Still Life
And how much does a beast like that cost?

Not much, only £50 a month after tax, and that includes insurance.

And is it even CALLED a phone anymore at this point??

Probably not

I mean, my phone can take pictures and all, but it is certaily not 3.2MP.

Yeah, my old phone was only 2.0
Been away, am back
I have one to be contacted when I'm roaming aimlessly, need my friends and don't have my laptop, have work to be done, has a good camera, a MP3, keep me amused, shows that I'm extremely anti-social in public, I can contact people cheaply.. the list goes on I suppose but I love having a phone
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
Quote by Logz
I figured

What wonderous phone is it?

Well I need my mobile phone to call people. So my parents can find me when I'm out, To 'txt liek lolz!' and for music and taking photos.
Quote by Cizzie
Because my mommy and daddy want me to be able to contact them when I need them.
Because I can call someone for help if someone is trying to kill me.
Because I can easily contact my friends by text messaging.
Because I like to take pictures with it.
Because I love my Happy Tree Friends-theme ringtone. YAY!

And you post in the metallica thread? You should hang your head in shame.

I have one but rarely use the thing. Its a bit crappy. I rather not have one but its just for emergency situations. Which I never have.

Meh. Mobiles suck.
WHY DID I BECOME A HOBO!?

Currently playing - Bioshock (360) Forza 2 (360) Mario Kart (Wii) and some CoD4 (360)
My dad forced me to get one (he bought it)

It's also easier than carrying one of these around

hue
Quote by Saintsatan
What wonderous phone is it?

Well I need my mobile phone to call people. So my parents can find me when I'm out, To 'txt liek lolz!' and for music and taking photos.

Its this beast!

The only bad thing about it is it crashes, turns itself off randomly and the joystick sticks sometimes

I bought my missus this phone, in white because she complained about her other one being boring:

Been away, am back
ah dude we have the same photo, song K800i, they're sex man!
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
Quote by x_rox
ah dude we have the same photo, song K800i, they're sex man!

*virtual high-five*
Been away, am back
I do because I'm made to but I only have it with me if I'm out late. The screens broke as well so there's not really any point in it
What a terrible question.... what do you use ur cellphone for? hmmm i wonder?
Quote by Johnljones7443
Shredding is having control over your instrument and being free of technical obstacles so your music is not limited by your playing ability.

Quote by Aidy Damage
Classical Gas is when you fart and it smells like the inside of a violin. EVERYONE knows that. n00bs...
Quote by Devon8822

i like to put mine on vibrate and carry it in my pants...

Like that?
Nicolle. Me. Got it?
Quote by Devon8822

Well you'd be surprised with what some people can use them for these days... like Logz over there. Also I think he meant the question as in "who do you call, or what situations do you use it for?" and so on. The point is, new cell phones scare me.
Quote by PT 2 DOOR RULE

Quote by skeptopotamus

Last.fm runs my life
Quote by Eedz
From London? Me too, but I also move around a lot 'cause of university. Maybe I should get a cell phone.

london ontario?

KICKS ASS... if thats what u be talkin boot

edit: Wow, i should read..... ya... LONDON ONTARIO KICKS ASS! there we go..
TransitorySexGod
Last edited by TrasitorySexGod at Jan 23, 2007,
uhhhh.... the purpose of me having a cell phone would be to be able to be talking to the others that i normally dont talk to.... such as, friends, relatives, sex chats, oops..... uhhhh... ignore that.... and my girlfriend
TransitorySexGod
Generally, I have one to make phone calls...can you imagine?!
Terms and Conditions apply.
I got a N gage two years ago because i thought it looked cool.
Need.New.Sig.
i have one.

i have it because im always away from home, so it gives my friends and parents a way to contact me if they need something. plus i just use it to talk to people.
Page 1 of 2