... I have a question for you. I want to make sure that european guitars have no problems being hooked up to american amps, and vice versa.

The electric system is different, but I'd assume that the electricity going through the jack cable into the pickups is the same. Am I right?

Thanks in advance!
its all the same monsueir

otherwise how would we be able to play japanese ibanez guitars, or us brits the american Gibsons for example?
=]
Allright, good logic. I just want to be sure, I'm dodging some european sales tax/inflation.. :-)
^ it's the amps (and any fx or whatever that needs mains voltage) you need to be careful with, not the guitars.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You don't get more than one type of electricity....

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
^

USA is 110 V, Europe is 230 V.

EDIT: not to mention the difference between AC and DC.

and sigged.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Not to threadjack...but yeah, I was wondering about this the other day, how do bands who travel across Europe and the US get by? Different amps? Or do they have some kind of voltage converters?
For bigger bands, it's not that big a problem, but some smaller bands still go across the pond, so to speak, and play shows.
^ transformer. I guess.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
there's no difference with the guitars, i brought my strat in the usa and brought it to england, no probs.

amps work from different voltage (110 usa, 220 europe)so they are not compatible without a transformer. plus, AC frequency is 60Hz usa and europe is 50Hz, not sure if this is a problem or not.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
Quote by guitarted
Yeah, Transformers. I use the Optimus Prime model.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by forsaknazrael
Not to threadjack...but yeah, I was wondering about this the other day, how do bands who travel across Europe and the US get by? Different amps? Or do they have some kind of voltage converters?
For bigger bands, it's not that big a problem, but some smaller bands still go across the pond, so to speak, and play shows.

Backline.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Transformer and backline I believe

So.
Well you can try running an american cab on european soil, but it will make quite a boom.
Although, sometimes it's possible.

For example, I imported an American DVD player a while back.

Since it was rated for 100-240 Volts AC, I only needed an adapter for the socket.

It's still probably in a HUGE risk, particularly if there's a power surge, but, y'know... S'life.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by Dave_Mc
^

USA is 110 V, Europe is 230 V.

EDIT: not to mention the difference between AC and DC.

and sigged.

Um...no.

For starters electricity is the flow of electron full stop.

The voltage is just how much energy is dumped on each coulomb, not a different type of electricity. AC and DC....note the 'C' in both... = current, the only difference being that AC is alternating so in a wave form with + and - voltage unlike DC which is just + voltage.

So take that shit out of your sig because you know you're wrong.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Oranges are actually a revolution though - they're the next step from Rectos IMO.
^ i know what electricity is.

The way you said it was liable to cause confusion to the TS and anyone else reading it, by giving off the impression that UK/European mains-powered stuff would work in the USA and vice versa. At the very least what you said was ambiguous.

I'll change the sig when I find something better, but don't hold your breath.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by guitarted
Yeah, Transformers. I use the Optimus Prime model.

Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ i know what electricity is.

The way you said it was liable to cause confusion to the TS and anyone else reading it, by giving off the impression that UK/European mains-powered stuff would work in the USA and vice versa. At the very least what you said was ambiguous.

I'll change the sig when I find something better, but don't hold your breath.

So this is how you put yourself above others? Bet its cold on your little pedestal.

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Dave isn't putting himself above others

infact, what he said was entirely true. he does know that electricity ==electricity, regardless of AC, DC, voltage and amperes.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by philjay
So this is how you put yourself above others? Bet its cold on your little pedestal.

Yes, I put myself on a pedestal by (thanklessly in a lot of cases) giving up a lot of my free time to help people with what I think is good advice, trying to prevent them from making the same mistakes I've done (that's right, I'm not infallible, I've made several retarded gear choices myself) etc., etc., and 99% of the time (at least!) I'm a lot less condescending than most people around here are or on most of the other internet guitar forums. I never laugh at or make fun of anyone who doesn't know something and who is honestly asking for advice (I make an exception if someone who doesn't know acts like they do know, though, or makes fun of someone who actually knows).

If that's being on a pedestal, so be it.

I now realise that what you said was technically right, but the way you said it was extremely ambiguous and liable to lead to confusion, which is why I pulled you up on it. It would also cause an amp or whatever to be fried, if someone saw "oh, all electicity's the same, let's try plugging my $2000 110V boutique head into European mains sockets they'd be extremely pissed off, I'd imagine...

I've changed the sig, by the way, I hope it makes you feel better.

Quote by IndieMetalhead
Dave isn't putting himself above others

infact, what he said was entirely true. he does know that electricity ==electricity, regardless of AC, DC, voltage and amperes.

thanks for that, I appreciate it.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by philipisabeast
its all the same monsueir

otherwise how would we be able to play japanese ibanez guitars, or us brits the american Gibsons for example?
=]

Well thats true but because electric power differences some of my friends cant play their PS2 that got from Europe. I suggest the thread starter 1st try to find the wiring diagram of the guitar your looking for maybe it has something different from american, japanse guitars.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Quote by Dave_Mc
Yes, I put myself on a pedestal by (thanklessly in a lot of cases) giving up a lot of my free time to help people with what I think is good advice, trying to prevent them from making the same mistakes I've done (that's right, I'm not infallible, I've made several retarded gear choices myself) etc., etc., and 99% of the time (at least!) I'm a lot less condescending than most people around here are or on most of the other internet guitar forums. I never laugh at or make fun of anyone who doesn't know something and who is honestly asking for advice (I make an exception if someone who doesn't know acts like they do know, though, or makes fun of someone who actually knows).

If that's being on a pedestal, so be it.

I now realise that what you said was technically right, but the way you said it was extremely ambiguous and liable to lead to confusion, which is why I pulled you up on it. It would also cause an amp or whatever to be fried, if someone saw "oh, all electicity's the same, let's try plugging my $2000 110V boutique head into European mains sockets they'd be extremely pissed off, I'd imagine...

I've changed the sig, by the way, I hope it makes you feel better.

thanks for that, I appreciate it.

Ok, fair enough but it doesn't give you the right to step on people who could also give good, constructive and intelligent advice. Had you simply corrected me or made what I said clearer, then I would have stood corrected for my vague post where both me and the thread-starter would have benefited from your post.

Peace?

flickr you might
Quote by MrCarrot
Yeah, it sounded like that "electricity is the same remark" was referring to my vague usage of the term electricity. I know what it is, everybody understood it, a science class isn't necessary. Thanks for posting, though?

Anyway, thanks y'all. I understand- although the 50/60 hz thing is interesting, I doubt it matters.

And to the threadjacker(:-P): I was wondering about that too. They probably just use transformers, I just don't trust those things around really expensive electronics. >.<
Quote by philjay
Ok, fair enough but it doesn't give you the right to step on people who could also give good, constructive and intelligent advice. Had you simply corrected me or made what I said clearer, then I would have stood corrected for my vague post where both me and the thread-starter would have benefited from your post.

Peace?

heh, I was never at war man.

(I just pulled you up because if the threadstarter was asking that question, he/she obviously didn't know much about electricity. It's great if you know, but you kind of need to explain it to people who don't.)
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?