Could someone suggest any good jazz pianists along the lines of McCoy Tyner and also Rubén González?

Thanks.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

I'm not sure if he's along the lines of those guys as I've never heard them but check out Oscar Peterson if you haven't already. Excellent jazz pianist.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
I'm not sure if he's along the lines of those guys as I've never heard them but check out Oscar Peterson if you haven't already. Excellent jazz pianist.

You've never heard of McCoy Tyner?

You need to get his album with the late Michael Brecker titled "Infinity". It is one of the finest jazz albums ever made imo.

Anyway, threadstarter: check out Brad Mehldau, Michel Petrucciani, Keith Jarrett, Bill Evans, Mulgrew Miller, Richie Beirach, Kenny Werner, Dave Brubeck, Joey Calderazzo, Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul, Kenny Kirkland, Joe Sample, Chick Corea (his acoustic piano stuff i.e. Now He Sings, Now He Sobs).
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
I've heard of him just never anything by him. What year is infinity from? Is it recent Brecker or earlier stuff? Either way I'll probably still get it.

EDIT: And who else is on the album?
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
http://www.vervemusicgroup.com/product.aspx?ob=prd&src=list&pid=9504 has all you need to know I think.

Brecker really shines on that one... The greatest playing I think he's ever done.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Anyway, threadstarter: check out Brad Mehldau, Michel Petrucciani, Keith Jarrett, Bill Evans, Mulgrew Miller, Richie Beirach, Kenny Werner, Dave Brubeck, Joey Calderazzo, Herbie Hancock, Joe Zawinul, Kenny Kirkland, Joe Sample, Chick Corea (his acoustic piano stuff i.e. Now He Sings, Now He Sobs).

Excellent, thanks. I've got some Chick Corea, Mehldau and Hancock but I'll most definitely check out as many of the rest as possible.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...