I need a new guitar with a $500 limit or £250. Can you suggest a good one that will suit most genres e.g Guns n' roses, to metallica to Foo's to Bowling for soup. One that I could drop tune too

P.S I have a spider 2 30 amp with a DS-1,
yamaha pacifica (112 or 412, i think the 612 is over budget)
yamaha aes420, or if you can get another £30-£40, the 620.
some of the lags

if you can get up to £300, I'd look at a washburn wi65pro idol too, and ibanez sz.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ibanez SA and SZ series
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Where is your location?

If it's uk then this is superb value http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/yamaha-aes620-electric-guitar/12121
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

^

£239?

Heck, I don't even need one and I'd nearly consider one for that!

Though postage to Northern Ireland would be the killer. GAK are liable to swindle, i mean charge, like £30 for that.

EDIT: just to clarify- if you can get it for £239 and not too much postage, that's a kickass deal. That's an excellent guitar for that kind of money. Heck, it's a good guitar for £300, which is what it is more usually.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
sz series guitars are really good for the money imo and they stay well in tune (drop tunings). ive owned one for a few years, never had any problems with it and never really needed a new guitar. solid stuff.
Well, I just sent an email asking what the postage was. Damn you to hell, pete griffin!

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I went with the ibanez rg350mdx excellent guitar and it stays in tune very very well
^ how long have you had it, and how much do you use the trem?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Riftcloud
I went with the ibanez rg350mdx excellent guitar and it stays in tune very very well

Definitley get that.
Ibanez RG's are the best guitars in their respective price ranges
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
jeez, don't get an rg350, the trem is crap.

seriously, at the price the aes620 is going for, I can't see you getting a better guitar.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Well, I just sent an email asking what the postage was. Damn you to hell, pete griffin!

haha, then i'll blame you for when i bought one

I got mine second hand, and i love it, a great guitar for the price if you like the quite meaty neck. Good luck with the shipping charge nothing compares in quality for that price

Feel free to ask me any questions about it if your seriously considering it.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Last edited by Pete Griffin at Jan 23, 2007,
^

nah, it all boils down to shipping (which I expect to be £30, and if it is, I probably won't bother), and also my indecisiveness.

I've tried it before (not in GAK, just so I can still avail of the 7 day make your mind up law, just in case it comes down to that), I think I'm ok on the specs, but I appreciate the offer.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i agree with the guy above

http://www.guitarbitz.com/437.htm

epiphone les paul studio £249

i got mine from this site and they deliver in the uk for free

dont let anyone tell you epiphone is shit or that you need a gibson or some other ridicolously priced guitar
Quote by freedoms_stain

I think it's sick to force kids to take part in hate mongering and sick for spoonman to think its right for any adult to throw anything at a child.