thinking of buying a Marshall AVT 275.
i play heavy metal/rock and some blues, with fender eric johnson strat and gibson sg special gothic II.
do you know much about these particular amps and are they any good?
any comments good or bad greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
My gear:
Fender 50th anniv American Strat Deluxe NICE
Fender Eric johnson Strat SEXY
Gibson SG Special Gothic II RAW
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
Gibson Les Paul Custom OOH BABY
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Head & Cab LET'S ROCK
I played an AVT 150 once. They're nowhere as near as good as real tube amps. Yeah, they're loud, but that's about it. The effects on it sound crap when turned up and your tone gets a raw deal too. I'd get a tube amp if I was you...
Originally posted by DatsunsRule
dogmeat, ah jeez, dumb as a post, twice as ugly.

Fender Cyclone, '72 Custom Tele
Squier Mod Jazz Bass, Strat
Ep Valve Jr, Fender FM
Boss DS1, OS2, OC2, GE7, LS2, RC2, Fender PT-100
Danelectro Reverb, Nobels TR-X
they're rubbish. either get something like a roland cube and save some cash, or else just buy a good tube amp.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
With those guitars, anything less then a tube amp is pointless and a disgrace.
Quote by deg0ey
The best pickups for emo are no pickups at all...

Gear:

1996 Les Paul Classic w/ Alnico II's
Marshall Jubilee 2550
Vox V847 Wah
Assorted pedals
Quote by bonchie1
With those guitars, anything less then a tube amp is pointless and a disgrace.

jeez, +1, I didn't even notice his guitars.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I didn't notice his guitars either, somehow? You simply can't/shouldn't go for a budget amp with those guitars. You want EJ's Strat to sound as good as it deserves.
^ I saw "what do you think of this amp?"

followed by "Marshall AVT", and I stopped reading.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
guess i'll not be looking into the avt's any further by the looks of it, can anyone recommend a decent tube amp to play metal/rock/blues?
thanks for all your input.
My gear:
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
^ what type of metal?

budget around the same as the avt275? around £400?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
very diverse, but mainly metallica, pantera that sort of thing
My gear:
Ibanez JS 1000 VERSATILE
^ garg, i was hoping you'd say "80's".

i guess you could try the randall rg50tc, or ashdown fallen angel. the randall probably has a bit more gain.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
The Fallen Angel will do old-school Metallica tones, but it's probably got a tad too much bass response to do pull off Dimebag's tone

Having said that, it takes to pedals well and I don't think there's a sound you couldn't get out of it with an EQ and an overdrive to give it an extra kick up the backside.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com