I'm a real tight wad when it comes to money and i hate to waste it. I've asked laodsa people on what i should get, and after getting told stagg are shite i was put off the idea. So, tell me. I want a guitar for around 100-300 quid (will go a little over if needed). I would like a Flying V (any kind) but I would like a gothic Black or black, its gotta sound nice ofc, doesn't have to be a really good lead guitar, careless and clueless as to pickups. I prefer to play heavy metal and thrash, and prefer rythem to lead. So please help me, any manufactorer that is good... no shite. Thanks
try some epiphones maybe...esp ltd's might have some v shaped guitars too.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
I have not tried this guitar, so can't say a lot about it, but I'm considering getting a Jackson X Series for my first good guitar, and all the research I've done seems positive. If the price is a bit high, the Js30 series is cheaper, but not as good quality.

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/kvx-10/1223
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
hmm that jackson looks good... But is the JS series worth looking into? I'm tight on money atm and I would liek on fairly quick..
and that ibanez looks sweet too... Is the sound quailty on it good? As i also like that shape, simple, but nice. Plus Mick thompson from slipknot plays one XD
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
Quote by Th0rn0
hmm that jackson looks good... But is the JS series worth looking into? I'm tight on money atm and I would liek on fairly quick..

JS are basically Jackson's Squier series. You couldn't call them a real Jackson, but they're meant to be fairly decent for what they cost. I've been in a similar boat to you, though, and in the end decided that the JS series just weren't viable as an easy option - sure I'd get one quicker, but I'd probably be looking to upgrade again within a year. I think getting a proper Jackson'll work out cheaper in the long run.
Quote by adamrandall
ahh yes SRV. i got the intro on texas flood (easy) and then he's like twangledoodleblopdebloo dun dun dun dun DA dun DA and im like *dead*.

The Unholy plays a Jackson Warrior X through a Metal Muff

Squigglymetal!
I like that vintage reaper! I currently own a Vintage wraith, and TBH I love it, but it has never sounded quite right. Its heavy sounding which is what i want, but i think i got a knock off version or something, the Floyd rose is way too far back, so far i cant pull it back, i get major vibration on the fretbaord from the strings, bridge pick is bust as it buzzes while in the amp. Apart from that i love it!
Quote by Th0rn0
I like that vintage reaper! I currently own a Vintage wraith, and TBH I love it, but it has never sounded quite right. Its heavy sounding which is what i want, but i think i got a knock off version or something, the Floyd rose is way too far back, so far i cant pull it back, i get major vibration on the fretbaord from the strings, bridge pick is bust as it buzzes while in the amp. Apart from that i love it!

What you've just described is common on pretty much all 'budget' guitars. Moral of the story, you get what you pay for
Dave Mustain has wrote some of the most amazing solos...
That he can't actually play!
lolz, but when i bought the wraith (3-4 years ago) it was around 300 quid