Hey, I'm looking for some effects that willo let me achieve some spacey kind of futuristic effects.
I don't really have any examples to go by and the only way I can describe it as is a cross between Tokyo and neon (the place and the light).
Thanks!
Originally posted by WlCmToTheJungle "you have just received the amish computer virus. Since the amish dont have computers it's based on there honor system so please delete all of your files immediatly. thank you
Phaser and a Zvex Fuzz Factory.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
Digitech Space Station x300.
Discontinued now, but you can get them on ebay, and the digitech ex-7 has an xp300 setting. Amazing synth swells.
if you can find one, there is a pedal out there called the "butt probe" extremely rare, but spacey
Out here you've gotta know where your towel is!
Digitech Space Station x300.
Discontinued now, but you can get them on ebay, and the digitech ex-7 has an xp300 setting. Amazing synth swells.

+1 ...never heard another pedal that makes anything close to the same kind of noises, if Barbarella played guitar she'd have used one.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
get a sythesizer, phaser, flanger, chorus, and a wah.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
what about that moogerfooger pedal?
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
theres also a leslie thing, but i think thats an amp.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
Moog Murf, Bass Murf (thats even better - really unpredictable) and a Line6 FM4 all sounds pretty far out.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
digitech whammy, phaser, and an MXR blue box combined.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
EHX micro synth will give you really crazy sounds.

also get a phaser, a digitech whammy, a highly controllable reverb and a delay
My Rig:
Maverick F-1, Ibanez RG1527, Schecter Omen 8
Marshall JVM 410H,
Hand built 4x12 w/ V30s
Current board:
PXL LIVE
TU2
WHAMMY IV
MXR M132
MXR M101
TIMMY
NS2
MXR M108
XOTIC EP
TC DREAMSCAPE
DL8
HOG w/ expression pedal + phaser + a zvex ringmod would be some sweet orgasm sounds.
haha
Moogs, Z. Vex, and EHX.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
For "spacey" sounds that aren't corny stay away from phaser. I'd recommend delay, tempo-contolable flanger, and a deep reverb. Pitch shifters, Octave, Fuzz Probes, etc. are all pretty sweet also. Wah + Tremolo can do some cool shit too, I don't know about spacey, but yeah.

I'd recommend a Digitech Whammy for it's harmonize goodies.
Digitech space station or a synth pedal.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
All you REALLY need:

A nice delay.

or any other standard stand-by effects used in rock through-out the ages.

Delay, Wah, Flanger, Rotories such as the Leslie, a DEEP Reverb, or a HUGE chorus.

But delay should be enough on a clean channel to do futuristic ... hell, most any sorta stuff like this needs to be on clean if going for futuristic, of couse though... Don't go into music in file and rank... as Resi has sigged.
"grateful is he who plays with open fingers" - Me

┌∩┐(◣_◢┌∩┐

DO NOT CLICK HERE!