Yay!! We got a snow day and school was cancelled! It was only 1 inch of snow throughout the city, but here, it only snows once in every 5 years. So who else got snow days here on UG? I heard London got some 1 inch love too.

EDIT: My bad, I assumed snow was measured like rain
It actually snowed 4 inches here. Makes a little more sense now, doesn't it?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Last edited by Soul Power at Jan 23, 2007,
I had a snow day yesterday for a little over one inch of snow, I've got strep in addition to that so I have today off as well.
im in university, every day is a snow day if i please. WTF? it snowed in texas?
School children washing cars for charity, is there anything more arousing?
My screensaver is some christmas scene snowing if that counts. I couldn't be arsed to change it .
DANK MEMES
1 inch cancellation?

Damn. I live in Nova Scotia, and it has to be bad before they think about cancelling, most of the time we got cancellations for about a foot of snow when I was in high school, maybe, depends on if the plows were able to get to the bus routes or not.

And now I am in university, it only gets cancelled if there is no power in the lecture hall, other than that, game on.
yeh we did today. we had a huge snowball fight and left a gigantic snowball in the middle of the road for the drivers to enjoy.

i love snow, but then it turns into slush, which is rather shi tty really.
1 inch and they cancel school? we had about 2 feet of snow last year and nobody even thought about cancelling school... anyway we've had a warm winter, but it just started snowing an hour ago so yay!
Pfft... you kids today. When I was in school, we never got snowdays! It could be snowing, raining hell or the roads could be filled with chavs but we always had to go to school.

*proceeds to mumble*

Quote by bubbly_eyes
yeh we did today. we had a huge snowball fight and left a gigantic snowball in the middle of the road for the drivers to enjoy.

Me and my mates did that once when drunk, we got it up to +1 meter high before we gave up
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
dude...it was like 3 inches here in El Paso....i just didn't go to school
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
For those wondering why school was cancelled...EL PASO'S A FREAKING DESSERT!!! no really, it's strange if it snows, even if it rains for an entire day.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
nop london got no snow none at all.....
*checks out window* nop
Beggles

Quote by the humanity

if he does not post pics, he obviously has installed a pickup and bridge on his house broom for some brutal sweep picking.

Quote by Soul Power
Yay!! We got a snow day and school was cancelled! It was only 1 inch of snow throughout the city, but here, it only snows once in every 5 years. So who else got snow days here on UG? I heard London got some 1 inch love too.

EDIT: My bad, I assumed snow was measured like rain
It actually snowed 4 inches here. Makes a little more sense now, doesn't it?

GAY! We only get out of school if we get like 12+ inches of snow. 4 inches here is considered barely any snow.
Man, if you got a cancellation for 1 inch of snow, then you're school must be a pussy school.

$Edit: So is 4.
Green Tinted Sixties Mind
The roads near my house got all icy, so I had a 6 day weekend.
Would you die for Dethklok? I know I would. PM me... If you've got the balls.
Quote by $Guitarist$
Man, if you got a cancellation for 1 inch of snow, then you're school must be a pussy school.

$Edit: So is 4.

The roads here actually get very icy. There were a couple crashes earlier today already. Plus, all the schools here got cancelled for the day, and like someone said before, snow is very rare here, might as well enjoy it before it all melts away by 3:00 PM. =/
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
My school itself has never been cancelled since i've gone to it, but the buses are cancelled quite easily because the school board is afraid of being liable if their was a bsu accident.

We had a fog day earlier this year and i woke up and it wasn't even foggy anymore. (I wake up at 7 a.m. for school, but they make the decision whether to cancel buses or not at 530-6)

I dont even take the bus though. .