Hey guys, i just got my RG350DX back form the shop today, and they said they'd givent it a full setup.

Right, now when i tune it, i open all the locking nuts, go from E (low) to E (high), then do it over until its in tune. Then i lock the nut

NOW, heres the probelm, when the nut is locked, the strings go out of tune , WAIT, i know what you're about to say, use the fine tuners, but thats where my problem lies.

I start with the E (low) and tune that, then move down each string, until i get to the bottom. When i get there, i check the first string again only to find that it and a few others are out of tune, if i try to tune again with the tuners, it loose room to tune, and i have no clue what to do, can anyone help me?

oh and btw, before i start to tune, i put the tuners into middle position.

thanks

Rv
Every time you adjust a string the others are affected, that's what happens with a floating bridge. It just means you have to re-tune the strings as you go eg tune the low E, then tune the A, re-tune the low E, retune the A, tune the D, retune the E and A etc....it's laborious but it just goes with the territory. Also locking nuts can send the strings slightly sharp when you clamp them, so allow for that too.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Whenever you tune - the bridge will shift when you adjust a string regardless of whether the nut's clamped.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Make sure you do a full dive before you tune/re-tune each string - This ensures the trem will return near 100% when you hit the whammy bar.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
^^ hey, i might just try that, since the last suggestion didnt go to well...
Quote by Rvddps
^^ hey, i might just try that, since the last suggestion didnt go to well...

No, he's right - you have to retune each string everytime you tune another, thus the nature of the beast.

The method I use is similar. I dive, tune the first string dive again and tune the first string again until it stays consistent with each dive. Then the next string I dive again and tune it close, but not full in-tune (So if the note was originally sharp, I tune it closer to in-tune, but still sharp) then I check the first string, and tune accordingly. But instead of full tune, like I did when we started, I tune as I did with the second string (tune close to in-tune, but still sharp or flat). I then check the second string and repeat the procedure. I do this until both strings stay in tune. You then move on to the third string and compare that one too the first two, using the same procedure. It gets easier with each successive string - Good luck and remember to dive before you tune/re-tune a string.

EDIT: Another trick I find works well is instead of tuning the string just above in-tune but still flat/sharp if it was originally flat/sharp, is to tune the string opposite to where it began. If the string was sharp, tune it close to in-tune but flat and vice versa.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
Last edited by Bazilisck311 at Jan 23, 2007,
And don't forget to stretch the strings!
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc