Just got this guitar and it has lots of little white lines along the fretboard (see pic) is it anything to worry about? or does it just need re-finishing? I dont want to take it back since the price they gave me it for was way under any price i'd seen it at before

Quote by MetalMilitia212
You mean the woodgrain?

No, I'm pretty sure you should worry if it DIDN'T have a grain.

Its hardly woodgrain, if you look at it its like its scratched to hell
That is fine, just rub some bees wax balsam into it next time you string it.
It just means that this guitar has been played, that is why they gave you the used price. This is also normal for rosewod fretboards, since the wood is not as hard as maple
All you need in this life is ignorance and confidence, and then success is sure.
-Mark Twain
Quote by Zofar
The wood is probably just dry, try some lemon oil.

Ok, will try that, thanks
The white stuff is proably dead skin that's stuck inside the grain. Using lemon oil on it will get rid of the dead skin and other gunk.
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Korona
Just got this guitar and it has lots of little white lines along the fretboard (see pic) is it anything to worry about? or does it just need re-finishing? I dont want to take it back since the price they gave me it for was way under any price i'd seen it at before

i have it on my jackson, a bit, i will try some lemon oil i think and some bees wax, also, what is that hellraiser like to play???

james
GEAR

ESP LTD Viper 400 with EMG 81s
Jackson Dinky DXMG with EMG 81/85
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Ashdown Fallen Angel Cab 120W 4X12
Keeley Modded SD-1 Overdrive
Korg DT-10 Tuner
Noise gate (cheap)
EQ (cheap)
It's perfectly normal. Nothing to worry about, all of the ESPs I've owned have had it. It's just the way the wood looks.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I use this stuff called Fret Doctor. It's a lot like bore oil for woodwinds, and it works awesome.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.