in the past 3 years i've had 6 jobs.....i just get sooo bored and disgusted with them i quit. most of them were in the food industry like burger king and such. i've only had one retail job and i got fired from it because of a dispute between another employee and I. how do i love my job and keep it and do a good job? right now i'm a dishwasher (my 3rd dish job) at a local cafe and i hate it.....i've applied at wal mart and gamestop but nothing so far....i know i'd love working at gamestop...i'd love to work at a guitar store but there aren't any around where i live..... BTW i'm 18
i play drums and guitar :
Go back and get an education (if you don't already) so you can have a real job that you earn well in and you'll enjoy. If you get an education and realise you liked working in BK you can always go back.

Education is the way forward dude...

Hemant
Quote by hemantmaan
Go back and get an education (if you don't already) so you can have a real job that you earn well in and you'll enjoy. If you get an education and realise you liked working in BK you can always go back.

Education is the way forward dude...

Hemant

WORD
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
yeah, if you're only looking for jobs in BK and Wal Mart then you probs wont get a job you're happy with if you're getting through them so quickly already. aim higher.
Then don't piss all your time away working the grills. Get some good grades, work hard, go to university (if you can) and you'll be sorted.

A job isn't meant to be fun... that's why someone pays you to do it. If it was fun they'd do it themselves.

Unless they pioneered a new business or found a new product, the guys who own the companies are bound to have an education, and hence are in the cushier interesting jobs with high earning.

Hemant

P.S - try and stick at your next job, as if you continually change jobs, prospective employers will be less likely to want to hire you. Get a bit of a run of maybe a year or 2 in one place - doesn't matter where as it will convey a message of stability. You can always say in interviews 'I was there for a year, but there was no scope for progression (something I'm looking for in a job) and I feel the time has come to look for something new.'

Good luck.
Last edited by hemantmaan at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by hemantmaan

A job isn't meant to be fun... that's why someone pays you to do it. If it was fun they'd do it themselves.

I only had one job and I love it, it was fun. It was at Subway but so friggen' awesome!
Quote by bluehawk15620
in the past 3 years i've had 6 jobs.....

S'alright for some! I've been looking for a job for about 6 months now but can't find eff all!
I've had one job... Taco Bell

There for 7 months and still working there... it's fun, you just have to learn how to socialize... duh. Make friends with the people at your job and you'll enjoy going, even if you hate the job you'll still stay to see those people
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
Education for the win!!! (well, I am a teacher, so I would say that wouldn't I?)

There are a couple of things you have to consider. You want to work in a game shop or a guitar shop eh? well ......

Game Shop - sounds glamorous doesn't it? I would personally get sick of all the old ladies and such coming in and asking about "that game that has an ad on TV for it, you know the one right?!"

A friend of mine did something like this, he thought it would be great, but he said it wasn't. He actually worked in a CD/Game store, at first he thought it was going to be the cats ass man, listening to music and talking about video games, can't beat it right? Well, there are a lot of rules and regulations for working there (can't play certain music [in his store] and you have to have certain games on display on th monitors) and then there is the organization of the games. Doesn't sound bad, keeping everything in order, but after 6 month of alphabetizing video game cartridges you might get sick of it.

I know what you might be thinking, I go in there all of the time and the guys are just sitting around and talking and playing video games. Possible, but, you'll a) be new and you'll be doing the work they should be doing (talking to the manager won't do anything for you either probably), and b) since you're new and if you try it, they'll probably turf you for doing it, the other guys will get a sap on the wrists for it but since they have more experience, they will be kept on the staff.

Guitar Shop - same thing, as a representative you gotta be patient with people who hold up drumsticks and ask what kind of guitar that it is (extreme I know, but some people, especially parents, are clueless). Patience is a key in that job when you have to try and figure out what the hell people are talking about. Especially when its busy, everyone comes in an plays guitars and basses and drums, TORTURE! I'd rather play them all than watch .... unless its a concert, but I am getting sidetracked.

Plus, I thought of doing work like that myself, not busy during the day,sit and play all of the guitars and drums, have a ball, deal with a customer every now and then. Nope, knew someone that did that too, no good, not with all of the dusting and sweeping and cleaning you have to do to the showroom to make it presentable for the customers that come in during the evenings.

Not to discourage you from pursuing either of these, you may enjoy it, just laying it out there.

Overall - work sucks. You might think a job is the greatest, but no matter what, after a while it can get boring as hell, it's up to you to spice it up and keep it interesting.

I had a job when I drove around three different provinces in Canada, driving for sometimes 8 hours a day and getting paid to visit customers for like an hour tops (paid by the hour BTW). It was great, but even that no boss b!tching at me, freedom of the road, listen to music all day job did get tiresome, because of the routine that was involved in visiting some of these stores. Routine removes the fun from all jobs.

Its like learning a riff on guitar, at first you gotta learn it then you practise it then you play it. If it's the only thing you play when you pick up your guitar you'll probably get tired of it.

Even though getting an education is great and I would recommend it, you have to find something that is worth the investment that you won't get bored doing. Most jobs require university, and that sh!t can get expensive if you get bored with what you're doing.

Hope that was able to help clear things up in some way. I know its long but, I used to think MY jobs were boring until I worked enough to learn that ALL jobs are boring, haha.

Cheers though, good luck.