As this:

D 
|-2--3--0--|
|-3--3--3--|
|-2--2--2--|
|----------|
|----------|
|----------|

If someone could please explain the theory behind this?

Thanks!
Thanks!

Are there any other alternate ways to play the C9 chord on the fretboard? Is it possible to play it as a barre chord?

There is a song I know the chords/tab for but I do not know the exact hammer ons and pull offs in certain parts. Is anyone here willing to help me?
Last edited by smsmasters at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by smsmasters
Thanks!

Are there any other alternate ways to play the C9 chord on the fretboard? Is it possible to play it as a barre chord?

There is a song I know the chords/tab for but I do not know the exact hammer ons and pull offs in certain parts. Is anyone here willing to help me?

Go onto Google and search: CAGED, Guitar

There are dozens of articles out there which will explain the caged system. They should help you learn barre chords and explain where the '9' comes from in the C9 so that you understand how it works - you can build from there. Any questions - reply.

Cheers,

Worzell
Worzell | Defender & Protector Of All That Is Good

x32333
8 10 8 9 8 10

These are both movable shapes for 9th chords. The top one having the root note on the 5th string and the bottom one having the root note on the 6th string.