I have a Peavey Valveking 212, a desicion I'm regretting becouse of what I've recently read on here and also cause i really dislike the OD.

Anyway, I want to get a new overdrive/distortion pedal to hopefully improve my sound (I currently use my multi, a Zoom GFX3).

I was wondering whether it would be a good idea to use an OD pedal on top of my amps distortion, because I don't like the distortion in the first place.

I could scrape together £60 but I'm willing to save up more because I know it would be an important factor in my sound....

I like smooth as oppose to harsh, I like the tones of Hendrix, Ritchie Blackmore of Deep Purple, Dave Gilmours "lightly overdriven" but I'd need enough gain to just about manage some metallica.
Take it back if you don't like it that much.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I checked GAKs returns policy and it quite vague, there is a "7-day money back guarantee" (iv had it for 2 months now) and the returns thing -

"good that have been altered in any way from there original condition cannot be returned"

well, i dont know if 2 months of use qualifies for that or not.
Bad Monkey Overdrive. 60 dollars. AMAZING.
but if you dont like the distortion, get a distortion pedal instead.
Pro Co Rat or BOSS DS-2 are my suggestions
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Well they have a longer policy where you can take it back and buy something else from the site I think, I'm not too sure about that though.

But chances are if you don't like it's OD, it's not really the amp for you.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by R_H_C_P
Well they have a longer policy where you can take it back and buy something else from the site I think, I'm not too sure about that though.

But chances are if you don't like it's OD, it's not really the amp for you.

I couldn't find anything of the type.... and I was trying the OD out today, its not soo bad, just not great and I feel I could have done better. My last amp was an MG so anything seems like an imrovement.