Page 1 of 2
I was criticized at school today. My band played in the school talent show last night. We started out with a cover of Fat Lip by Sum 41, then led into our own song, then we decided to end it on a fast "Oh my God that was killer song" which happend to be Mouth For War by Pantera. All was good. They wanted an encore. While were feeling like King S*** on stage, we played Enter Sandman by Metallica. Not too hard right. Wrong. I messed up so horribly bad we got booed off stage. We happend to be the last act of the night. So today at school I had things thrown at me..... My day wasn't good.
Well, that's the price one pays for sucking.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
unlucky
Quote by the dave
hahahahahahaha I laughed so hard I shat a little

Quote by Tarzan_man
Mouth for War > Enter Sandman

Agreed. Yeah, we played together for about 2 years, hoping we wouldn't blow our first gig. We were wrong
Wow, those people need to calm down. It's like like they could go up and perform it any better. Mistakes happen. Personally though, I'd do originals. People will respect you more for it.
myspace.com/codesterness

Member #2 of the "Racecar is Racecar Spelled Backwards" club PM I AM JE§US to join.

Pink Lover.
Dont play Metallica they are losers. You should have finished with You Suffer by Napalm Death
Quote by Sabu
Dont play Metallica they are losers. You should have finished with You Suffer by Napalm Death

nothin against napalm death but u should be hung by your balls for that comment
Sorry I guess. Sucks that you played the first three well but ruine dit with an encore. They shouldn't be giving you crap though.
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Aw well life goes on just randomly attack the next person who insults you and then youll get fear back!!He He Hehe
thats what you get for play metallica... "metallica are a sinking ship"
Oh well, you know what practice makes
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Quote by Been_Sedated
Agreed. Yeah, we played together for about 2 years, hoping we wouldn't blow our first gig. We were wrong

You just ****ed up your 1st gig, You're not cool enough to qoute me.

Go look in the gig stories thread for my hilarious tale
Actually i think it's more likely that they're pissed of because you ruined a great song rather than because you played a metallica song.. Don't mess with metallica ****ers! (lol)
This thread is being taken over by metal martyrs who are all like:

r0flc0pt3r j00 pl4y3d M3t4llica, t4ts why j00 bl00 d0nk3y shitzz0rz!!!

Anyone who is posting something like that isn't contributing at all, its just filling the thread with pointless 1 dimensional criticism.

Anyways, practice alot more, and start playin in front of small crowds to get used to live performances.
its only one show, no biggie, play again and this time dont mess up
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
if you were gonna play a sh*t song you could have played it well..maybe you should have played smells like teen spirit....

Edit i sounded like abit on an asshole....erm just practise playing infront of smaller crowds and gradually play infront of more and more people, you just need to get used to playing infront of large crowds...you'll get better at live perfermances dont worry
Last edited by guitarcrazy1991 at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by Waterboy799
its only one show, no biggie, play again and this time dont mess up

No pressure

Quote by guitarcrazy1991
if you were gonna play a sh*t song you could have played it well..maybe you should have played smells like teen spirit....

Says Mr. Slipknot avatar...
You would have to mess a song up pretty damn bad to go from being cheered to boo'ed. I've made little mistakes here and there that only other musicians would even notice, but never so bad your average listener would be like "OMG YOU SUCK!!!". Your first mistake was the song you guy picked for an encore. The encore is always ALWAYS supposed to be a show stopper quality song. Enter Sandman is not what I would consider a quality show stopper. Mouth of War would have been a much better Encore song due to its "in your face" impact.

Don't sweat over it, just look at it like a learning experience and put it behind you. Half of the bands we all love and worship today were boo'ed at some point in their musical careers. The next time one of those kids gives you any shit, just remember one thing....Atleast you had the balls to get up there and do it. Practice more for the next show and make sure you know all of your parts in your sleep before attempting a song. You guys will do just fine in your next gig.
Quote by Shredlet
Cheers Sinister that was really helpful a Dime-point to you!

"Any problem you can't solve with a good guitar, is either, unsolvable or isn't a problem."
Dude, i started gigging when i was 14... so my first couple of gigs REALLY sucked.
But I don't suck. Our band didn't suck. Its just the way of the universe.
Hopefully the next band I'm in doesn't have a curse.
Quote by GiantRaven
No pressure

Says Mr. Slipknot avatar...

lol....whats slipknot gotta do with it? metallica are a good band, enter sandman is a shit song in my opinion
My first show was a brilliant success.

Lol at you my friend, lol at you.

ROFLOLMAOWTFBBQ!
try again next time, and play so good they all shit themselves, hey, at least it was only at highschool right?
Gear:
Epiphone 1958 Black flyingv
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Yamaha guitar (1st guitar)
Behringer V-ampire 112
Our band's first show was for five fifth-graders at a birthday party who stared at us the whole time.

...take your pick.
Member of the We Have Better Taste Than You club
PM DorkusMalorkus with a list of your favorite bands to join

last.fm
what part did you mess up?
Gear:
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Behringer V-ampire 112
rule number 1. NEVER, but really NEVER try something in the stage that you aren't 200% sure that you will succeed. that includes playing songs that you don't know to perfection.
even if it's some shred masterpiece, if you can't play that to perfection, people will boo you.
so better to play easy stuff that you can play to perfection that hard stuff that you are sloppy in it
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Corpse_Defier
what part did you mess up?

Well, I was doing all these cool guy, "I'm going to put on a show" moves and messed up in into comepletely (I mean DESTROYED) and a bunch a mess-ups throughout the 1st verse. Then the chorus came and I started playing on the D and A strings..... Then we got booed off......

Quote by SinisterLefty
You would have to mess a song up pretty damn bad to go from being cheered to boo'ed. I've made little mistakes here and there that only other musicians would even notice, but never so bad your average listener would be like "OMG YOU SUCK!!!". Your first mistake was the song you guy picked for an encore. The encore is always ALWAYS supposed to be a show stopper quality song. Enter Sandman is not what I would consider a quality show stopper. Mouth of War would have been a much better Encore song due to its "in your face" impact.

Don't sweat over it, just look at it like a learning experience and put it behind you. Half of the bands we all love and worship today were boo'ed at some point in their musical careers. The next time one of those kids gives you any shit, just remember one thing....Atleast you had the balls to get up there and do it. Practice more for the next show and make sure you know all of your parts in your sleep before attempting a song. You guys will do just fine in your next gig.

Yeah we were supposed to stop at Mouth For War. I'm not trying to brag but we tore that song a new one. I guess I felt like Dime himself trying to play Enter Sandman. The only reason we chose that song is because that is a song we had down pat. Even more than our own song. I just feel like a dumbass...
at least you tore it up on Mouth For War, i congrats you on that!
Gear:
Peavey 5150 Head
Crate cab
Behringer V-ampire 112
I nearly shit myself when I read this. That is completely hilarious. You suck at life. Go kill yourself. I know you are gonna start playing emo music now, that way if you suck nobody will think any less of you.
sum..

.......sum ...41 ?

I frown upon you.
-Gear-
Crappy Starter Ashton Guitar
Ashton Ga100212
Dunlop Crybaby Wah Pedal
ESP/LTD Viper-50

Quote by cool#9
you my friend, have reached a new level of awsomeness

Quote by sebastian_96

good work The_Shredder

Look at me. Mr.Praises in sig
yeah i thought they'd be more pissed about that ^^.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
don't worry about it too much guy. Especially if it is your first gig. Playing shows is just like playing guitar...the more you play, the better you get.
Quote by Carpmuncher
I nearly shit myself when I read this. That is completely hilarious. You suck at life. Go kill yourself. I know you are gonna start playing emo music now, that way if you suck nobody will think any less of you.

why does UG have to have people like this...it saddens me
"Music is moral law. It gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, a charm to sadness, and a gaiety and life to everything. It is the essence of order and leads to all that is good, true, and beautiful"
Page 1 of 2