Okay, imagine this scenario:

You're just an average musician, looking for some good stompboxes to play around with at home, and occasionally on stage. You're not touring or traveling anytime soon, but you do go to band practice a lot, and you're sorta on a budget.

Would you buy behringer boxes, boss pedals? Or a few of both?

For me, it depends... you have to shop around a bit. most of the behringer pedals I've tried out sound almost just as good as the Boss ones, only a lot cheaper. They're a bit noisy, but there's nothing a simple noise gate can't cut out. However, Boss has stuff that Behringer hasn't made (yet ), and they ARE a bit more durable (and heavy), but the Behringer plastic casting is pretty hard to break. Unless of course you jump on your pedals (which I don't).

what do you guys think? for the price, and for your uses, are Behringer pedals the way to go (in terms of sound only)? Or would you spend twice as much on something that sounds the same, only with metal casing? =P
boss
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
I've heard some really good stuff about Behringer (of course also about Boss) and since the price for behringer equipment is a lot cheaper, I would go for Behringer. I was looking at some pedals a few days ago and tried some in the store and Behringer has great material I must say. And when you look at the prices, it just says :"BUY ME"
Quote by ..NEM..
*hugs back and grabs White Ponys ass*
Last edited by White Pony at Jan 23, 2007,
behringer if you are on a budget and need it there and then, but Boss otherwise
Quote by Zangetsu 101
Girl (Ned/chav) annoying me on the bus.

Me "Have you ever bled out your arse-hole?"

Her: Facial expression was priceless - "What??! Noo!"

Me: "Well if you want to keep it that way, **** off."

She then turned away and whimpered.
depends what little money is, £30 for a ds-1 is better than behringers £15 for there version of it i think.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
Well if I had to go behringer, i'd have to buy a behringer noise gate, and as their pedals are all noisy then it would kind of defeat the purpose of buying the noise gate.

I'll buy what pedals sound good to me without brand loyalty thx.
A dwarf might hear you. What then?

My Music
Neither. Boss pedals arent true bypass and neither are behringer. Ive got a boss BF-3 and it sounds really bad when its switched off.
Beringher's warranty's and customer services are hrrible. it took them a few months to replace our mixer.

And, I would go with boss, boss pedals aren't really expensive for the basic ones.
Just let the good times roll.
BOSS!! dont waste your money even if its cheaper on crap. GO BOSS It wont fall apart on u in a day lik Behringer. Its not like ur spending 1 or 2k just go for the boss theyre less than 100 bucks man.
actually, what kind of pedal are u interested in??
thats kinda my point, what if you CANT spend 100+ dollars on a pedal thats just more durable?

and Bosses go for around 150+, the good ones at least
You asked about the sound right? Well if behr pedals are noisy then that would make it sound wise worse. You shouldn't plan your effects chain around noise gates, supressors, or hum cancels. Even for home stuff.

First thing is you want to get the best sound. Is there hum in your amp or guitar if you use batteries in the pedals? If so a power conditioner like monster would be better than a noise gate. I think their is a cheap one now humx or something.

Plus noise reducers sap tone, especially in the lower end. So you wind up buying a pedal for distortion, a noise reducer, than an eq pedal... I would drop a little more and go with a good tonal overdrive.

I personally don't like either company for pedals. But boss is better overall.
Quote by ironkat
well duh, cuz its off! no pedal sounds good when it's not on =P

Umm...its a flanger you dont leave it on. I was saying that it colors my tone when off.
iv got a berhinger to800 overdrive and it sounds pretty good, mind you i have a mrs and a child so im not aloud to spend large amounts of money on silly stuff i dont realy need any more
BOSS. But the beringher 7-band eq is a very acceptable cheap alternative to the boss GE7 IMO
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Boss. the Behringers just look cheap and nasty TBH. i've not bothered trying one, since i don't have the money to just throw around.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Quote by timi_hendrix
Well if I had to go behringer, i'd have to buy a behringer noise gate, and as their pedals are all noisy then it would kind of defeat the purpose of buying the noise gate.

I'll buy what pedals sound good to me without brand loyalty thx.

+1

Quote by ironkat
well duh, cuz its off! no pedal sounds good when it's not on =P

new sig. thanking you!
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Boss. Behringer products are simply garbage.
*Taylor 214ce Acoustic
*Fender Highway One Honey Blonde Strat (Fralin Pickups)
*Epiphone Zephyr Regent (Gibson '57 Humbucker)
*Vox 847 Wah
*Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
*Fender Blues Deluxe Amp
Lol. All of Beringher's pedals sound absolutely great! When they're not plugged into your signal chain at all. Trust me. EVERY single boss pedal (well, in my opinion at least) sounds good. The only beringher pedals/effects so far i've tried that sound good are their 7-band equalizer (for the price, but not that good actually), thier V-amp 2 (Great Value. But it's nothing compared to a pod, duh) and their V-amp pro rackmount (For the price, great but actually just decent, borderline). Point is, invest in quality. Go for Boss.
Heads up to everyone, new person using this account
Last edited by Kunundrum at Jan 24, 2007,
My band are practically endorsing Behringer, other than my pedal board, OD pedal and instruments, everything we own is Behringer. It would cost a hell of a lot more if it was all Boss, and its all good enough for what we want. Boss obviously have the best possible stuff, but I wouldnt find it necessary to spend that much money unless I was playing the NEC. Which ain't gonna happen.
Behringer's EQ pedal is good

behringer is good enough for you if youre on a tight budget.
Fender Mex Cyclone HH
**ZOOM G7.1ut**
Yamaha COD-100 Overdrive
Big Muff Pi USA
Danelectro Chorus
Behringer EQ
Dinosaur Heavy Metal

member #4 of the "can't we forget about punk, emo, metal, and all the other subgenres and just ROCK?" group
first of all, listen to your ears :P
go with the one you like the sound the most.
As for pedals with plastic casing, you can always get a sturdier aluminium case and transfer the insides over. Thats what my friend did with his Danelectro delay pedal.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
Whatever you think sounds best, and yes, you can always put them in sturdier casing like Andrea suggested. Check out the Behringer website, they have at least like 20 more pedals coming out or that have just been released since NAMM. For the hardcore Boss heads who are giving the Behringer guys a hard time, there are probably twice as many boutique guys who are ragging on you this very moment :P.