So I decided to run my Carvin X-100B head into one Carvnin 4X12 cab, and my Mesa Triple Recto into the other 4X12 cab, side by side, and Im never going back, However the thing here is I love the "stereo" sound I get, but live I dont want to use the Carvin per say as It is another piece f gear to carry so I want to get that same sound out of just my recto, but i cant seem to get the stereo sound?

Any ideas or iin a live setting is it just not gonna matter,
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
why not attach the recto to both your cabs?
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Run your Rectifier into both cabs, although be warned: 150 watts of tube full stack will wake up the neighbors for miles :]
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Umm I ahve run my Recto in to two cabs, and also Im not a fan of them on top of eachother, bot cabs on the floor, much better soundding.
Mail Goes here.

Musician for 14 years. Been inactive on UG since 2007. My have times changed. It's good to be back.
Quote by SGKIDD
Umm I ahve run my Recto in to two cabs, and also Im not a fan of them on top of eachother, bot cabs on the floor, much better soundding.

I agree. keep them next to each other. It's less lifting, too.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
put the cabs side by side and put the cab right in the center of both and run the recto in stereo.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

^^ you make no sense, and im not sure how to run it in stereo, in fact im not all that sure it possible.
Mail Goes here.

I dont know if this work or not.. What if you got a two channel delay/reverb like a lexicon or something. Ran your recto into that, ran each channel to a different cabinet and then adjust the delay in each channel so the sound coming out of the right channel is slightly ahead of the left?? Just a suggestion..

Posted before thinking.. I dont think that would work
My Gear
Fender Strat ('97American Lonestar HSS)
Ibanez RGTHRG1
B-52 AT100
Marshall1960A Cab
Marshall 1960B Cab
Last edited by halfstacked at Jan 26, 2007,
You run the speaker outs, into the cabs, not each channel individually. sry no cigar here, but nice......effort?

Im thinking its hopeless and Ill have to live with mono unless I guff up and either carry two head to a show, or pay a tech like 3k to make me a rack/rig/in stereo
Mail Goes here.

Sell your tiple rectifier and get a Mesa Dual Rectifier Preamp. You can run that into a Mesa Rectifier 2:100 stereo power amp.

Which is like running two dual rectifiers.
One cab per side, you have stereo.
:]

EDIT:
preamp
Amp
Member of UG Gain whores.
PM Gpderek09 to join!
Oops, I meant put two cabs right next to each other and the HEAD right in the middle of the 2.

Gear
Gibson Explorer
Epi Les Paul Standard

Amp
B-52 AT-100 Half stack.

The Recto doesnt have stereo outs.

Then again, Im not sure what you mean by you want stereo..? Like Ping Pong delay? Or a stereo chorus? Cause a lot of pedals now have a stereo out. I do that with my chorus, run one output to my Trecto and the other to my JCM900 and it sounds so spacious and beautiful!
Exactly, thats what im looking for, however now the major problem is gonna be switching channles at the same time as the mesa is midi, and the carvin is a fricken XLR of all types of footswitch cables, so on pedal wont do both. I need to simplify so I guss Ill just use the on head, and use the carvi for backup...

Sad thoguh cus the carvin exceeds a JCM800 in versitility, and in tonlaity, just awesome awesome tone, and It compliments the mesa tone so well filling in all the mesa gaps (which are ver ervy small) and making the whole sound more full and rich.

Guess its gona be the MEsa though cus I need the low end... and th e carvin has it but not as out front as the mesa. And I cant speak enough praise to the carvin british design speakers, in my cabs. awesome.

And finally, I have to Mention My other guitrist uses the carvin as a half stak but hes away to college, and to fill out the sound I use both.

Guess im just rambing here so ill go play some...
Mail Goes here.