I usually sit, and now I am having problems doing certain chords while I stand. By the way, does anyone have any tips on transitioning between sitting and standing while playing?
I sit to play tabs cause it's more comfortable but I play standing up when playing my Gibson Flying V so............. Ya im used to it by now , but it is hard if your not used 2 it just keep practicing
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
I sit to play tabs cause it's more comfortable but I play standing up when playing my Gibson Flying V so............. Ya im used to it by now , but it is hard if your not used 2 it just keep practicing
My Gear:
Gibson Flying V (active Emg's 81, 85)
Peavey 6505 Amp

Avatar Cab /w Vintage 30's / G12H-30's
Schecter Damien-6
ISP Decimator
Vox Wah Pedal
Ibanez TS808 Tube Screamer
Roland Cube 60
I do both although sitting more than standing.

I really should practice standing all the time because you arent going to be sitting when playing live are you? Learn to play stuff as you will really play it in my opinion.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
i sit mostly, but i really should stand. i'm gonna agree with Frostithe about the "learn to play stuff as you will really play it". thing
METAL
i mostly sit but im practacing standing to get used to it now. plus u can rock out like that!
I sit most of the time, but on occasion, when I feel like freaking out, I stand up and play some Metallica, Children of Bodom or something else that I totally dig, and go wild. Then I sit down again and practice some scales :P

Never had any serious trouble switching between sitting and standing though, except for maybe some fast runs..
I stand,find that I'll get better fret access
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Stand when I'm using tabs at the computer because it's hard for me to sit and not slam my guitar into my chair's arms, and it also helps if I ever had to play that in front of a crowd, as someone mentioned before.
I rarely sit down on my bed and play there, I like having tabs in front of me and access to more tabs so if I decide to learn something else I don't have to move all my crap into the other room for the computer.
you will fight death as you slowly realize...
sit
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce