I really need a new guitar for anything upto £300
I currently play a squier strat about £100 - pretty bad now
Its is linked through a Marshall AVT2000 100X and a Crybaby. I love to play Aerosmith, Gun's 'N Roses, Velvet Revolver, Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd.

(P.S If anyone says Ibanez, you maybe liable to be shot)
I'm looking to get a guitar around that price range too and am pretty sure I'm going to get a Fender Standard Stratocaster. That might be nice for some of the stuff for you but you might want something with humbuckers for those heavier songs.
ibanez make pretty good guitars in the 300 range.....

j/k
check out some epiphone SGs or LPs if you can
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
ibanez make pretty good guitars in the 300 range.....

j/k

Nice tag, im liking it, Down With Dragonforce!
maybe a les paul?...you can get a standard for £250odd...i say that cos in the bands you've listed both slash and joe perry (somewhere in his collection) play les pauls quite often, and SG wouldn't be bad and as the first guy said what about a strat...well anyway that covers the guys in the bands you mentioned...I think to get the sound your looking for to have a look at some les paul's

EDIT: damn you non-english person, devaluing British Pound Sterling, shame on you...

man i hope you did mean british pounds now and not some crazy other pound, like Cyprus has
Last edited by Burpbelly at Jan 23, 2007,
yeah i perfer LPs, but the SGs are cheaper because they dont have binding and flamed tops or anything like that
and about the shipping, you dont exactly need to order it on the net, i just sent it as a guideline of what guitars you should choose from.
i dont know if they ship there or not.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by danzig-_-
yeah i perfer LPs, but the SGs are cheaper because they dont have binding and flamed tops or anything like that
and about the shipping, you dont exactly need to order it on the net, i just sent it as a guideline of what guitars you should choose from.
i dont know if they ship there or not.

Yeh i like Les Paul's out of all the stuff ive tried. I can get a LP off GAK for 299 but in my local guitar shops there about 350
once you've decided on the style your looking for why not try thomann.de ive found them to be cheaper than GAK for most stuff...unless you want to support your local company :P
yamaha aes 620, it's £239 on gak at the moment. You'll struggle to get a guitar anywhere near as good as that for the same price, new.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Burpbelly
maybe a les paul?...you can get a standard for £250odd...i say that cos in the bands you've listed both slash and joe perry (somewhere in his collection) play les pauls quite often, and SG wouldn't be bad and as the first guy said what about a strat...well anyway that covers the guys in the bands you mentioned...I think to get the sound your looking for to have a look at some les paul's

EDIT: damn you non-english person, devaluing British Pound Sterling, shame on you...

man i hope you did mean british pounds now and not some crazy other pound, like Cyprus has

Didn't get that. What's wrong with Cyprus pounds?
Fat Strat? (non-expert advice)
Bands to see before I die:
Iron Maiden
Foo Fighters
Megadeth
Reel Big Fish
Rush
Streetlight Manifesto

Gear:
Epi LP Standard
Washburn Strat
Line 6 Spider (Yes, I know it's bad)

GAS:
Ibanez RG3570Z
Digitech Whammy
look into some of the new bc rich,
their almost all neck through with ebony fretboards, but i have no idea how much they are.
a standard fat strat would be a good choice too.
pacifica with an SH4 in the bridge? or a LP copy. might be able to get a secondhand tokai for £300
Epiphone les paul standard (in HCS =P)

I can highly recommend it, and I bought mine from GAK. You wont be dissapointed.