I have a 100 watt hybrid amp, a Marshall Valvestate 8100, and about how much wattage would it take for a tube amp to reach the same volume as that.
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
Not much. I'd say the Marshall JCM401 would completely over power that.

EDIT: What size is your amp. I was considering it being a halfstack when it's probably a combo, so most tube amps will blow yours away.
My Gear:
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Schecter Hellraiser Avenger
Ibanez VBT700
Marshall Guv'nor
Marshall Echohead
Morley Tremonti Wah
Boss TU-2
Boss NS-2
EHX Holy Grail Reverb
Furman SPB 8C
Boss Flange
depends on the spl or sound pressure level of your amp and the tube amp your comparing it to
It is a half stack with a 4x12 cabinet
www.myspace.com/slackerfridaysolong
Fender Toronado
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Fender PT-100 Pedal Tuner
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail Reverb
A 60 watt tube combo will drown out a 100w half stack and sound amazing doing it.
A quality 40W 1x12 would probably keep up without much trouble. With both cranked, the smaller amp would sound MUCH better, too.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
My roomie has an AVT100 so very similar to yours but it's a combo and both my 60W TSL and 50W JCM800 sound louder. A 40W tube should compete with yours easy.

I've never jammed much with the 800 and his AVT cause since I got the 800 he uses my TSL but when we jammed with his AVT and my TSL I'd have the master volume on about 4 while his was about 7 so yeah a noticable difference, obviously there's a lot of other settings that effect volume but that was a pretty good indicator of the difference.