Which one is better? what whattage? Which one should I get
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty
It's not rape if you yell surprise.

Quote by ZanasCross
Girls his dad's age rarely still have nice asses. Gravity attacks.
i also see you have the 1960 cab. what model/letter? (1960B, 1960BV, 1960A)
Do you play metal?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
the DSL sounds better, but i would wait a few months, after the JVMs are out the prices on the JCM2000s are going to drop quite a bit.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the DSL sounds better, but i would wait a few months, after the JVMs are out the prices on the JCM2000s are going to drop quite a bit.

to how much, do you think?

Kid_Thorazine, you are the biggest help of my life. You've replied to every, single, one of my threads about amps. You own Kid.
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
Which one is better? what wattage? Which one should I get

DSLs sound better. 50W is more than enough for most applications, and will get you closer to that "sweet spot" tone at lower volumes.
As far as cabs go, the ones with Vintage 30 speakers are better than the standard models (that's the ones with the V designation in the name eg 1960AV)
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
to how much, do you think?

Kid_Thorazine, you are the biggest help of my life. You've replied to every, single, one of my threads about amps. You own Kid.

this is just a guess but im thinking the used heads will probably start selling for around or less than the JCM 900s (which average at about $500) the JCM2000 is the least popular tube amp marshall makes and there are a whole crapload of them out there, so they will be cheap.

Last.fm
omg lower than maybe $500??? if this is true, im all over that shit!
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
thats just speculation, but yeah if the JVMs take off like everyone is expecting them too, then JCM2000s are going become dirt cheap (relatively speaking)

Last.fm
Oh i see... im still prbably going to buy when though....
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
So like what kind of distortion does the JCM 2000's have? Like bone crushing Pantera distortion? ...And Justice For All Distortion? Rust In Peace distortion, what?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
Anyone....?
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
kill em all/ride the lightning sorta distortion. though it depends on the eq and the volume. you won't get a pantera sound perfect outta a tube marshall.
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
www.purevolume.com/mordecaiaus
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
More like old school thrash than Dimebag (you're going to need a Randall for that really!) but whack an OD in front and you can get some extreme sounds out of them!

Whether you like their music or not, Trivium use DSLs with tubescreamers (or Maxon OD808s or whatever) and their guitar sound is pretty awesome.
thanks joel

EDIT: Thanks guys
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
Maybe even some SLayer? (Reign In Blood, South Of Heaven)
METALLICA
MACHINE HEAD

JANUARY 13TH

JOE LOUIS ARENA

Quote by Jehuty

Quote by ZanasCross
slayer used marshalls so i imagine you'd be able to their sound
I R tr00 Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - don't pm gpderek09 to join unless you are truly worthy
Quote by xifr
There is the possibility that I may have or may or may not have gone or not gone into the danger zone.

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
i's say dsl, but listen to thorazine. once those new ones are out you can either get the new JVM or vintage modern (which by all accounts is better than the dsl/tsl, though I haven't been able to try it personally), or alternatively you should be able to score a dsl/tsl at a knock-down price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by AngelOfSorrow
So like what kind of distortion does the JCM 2000's have? Like bone crushing Pantera distortion? ...And Justice For All Distortion? Rust In Peace distortion, what?

Pantera, no... maybe if you buy a pedal.

Justice for all, no. That's Mesa Boogie.

Rust in Peace... Yep.

You can't go wrong with any JCM amp.

I co-sign with the guy who said "Vintage30's"
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
^ all jcm's aren't equal, though. I really don't like the tsl, and the dsl's are kind of decent, but not amazing. IMO.

I guess the 2000's distortion is kind of between rust in piece and more modern stuff, but not ultra-modern.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
keeping in mind this is dave...owner of engl :P
Quote by xifr

Quote by lespaulmarshall
I love you Joel
^ yeah. But there are plenty of cheap-ish amps that I actually do like, to be fair. I just don't like the way marshall are hedging their bets on the jcm2000's, they're trying to please the vintage guys and the modern guys, and end up not really pleasing anyone, IMO.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?