I searched for thsi and found nothing so here goes... I just got an Epi SG and I'm playing it through aa marshall amp. My problem is when i run it through my distortion pedal (Danelectro DD1) it cuts out all high treble notes and all lower notes are severly cut back as far as sustain. Ive messed with the Eq and volume of all three but no help. Any suggestions?
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
This may help. I have had similar problems in the past. What may be happening is that your boosting the signal too much. This causes the amp to compress too much making it muddy and without detail. Are you running clean on the amp when you kick in the distortion pedal? Sometimes when you have the amp already overdriven the extra drve from the pedal will cause this. Solution is to minimize the amount of distortion that you use. Your sound will actually sound more powerfull and cut through better when you use less distortion/od. Don't use pedals as a cruch, ideally the power of your playing should come from your hands so that the harder you pick the more ditortion and overdrive you get from your amp. Try this, set your amp so that you are just starting to get some overdrive with your guitar on half volume, then set your distortion pedal for a decent overdriven distorted rhythm when you go for a solo and want more turn your guitar volume up with or without the pedal on. As you increase the guitar volume you will find the signal compressing more so you will need to make sure you don't go too much or you will have the same problem. This is why tube amps rule because you can play soft and powerfull by changing your attack on the guitar and guitar volume. When you get too the point where your signal is muddy and over compressed you have gone beyond usable distortion/overdrive.
lacerhead
thanks, but i tried that to no avail, so i did the next logical step of checking the battery and it seems the old 9 volt had enough to power the on light and thats about it. thanks though
Marshall MG100DFX
Line 6 Spider 3 75
Epi SG G310
Fender Stratocaster
Crybaby Wah
Danelectro Distortion
Eleca Acoustic
Rogue Wah
Well, if you cut back on the amp's volume some, and it's still doing that, i don't want to sound mean or harsh, but it could be the quality of your pedal and amp causing this.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...