My friend went on a trip and lent me his newly acquired Snarling Dogs Wah for the time he's away. I soon put it on my effect chain and when i turned on my DS-2, my amp started giving me some loud hissing(is that the word?), kinda expected from a distortion pedal on high gain, but much louder. When i put the DS-2 alone the hissing is much lower.

Now my question is, do all wah pedals do this? Or even does the blues bawls normally do this? I'm searching for my own wah pedal, and the blues bawls seemed like a nice choice, though with this noise i cant use one.

Thanks
"...I cried. Just for a second. Then I thought, 'I must rock.' "
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

Wah pedals tend to add a lot of noise to the signal chain. You could always invest in a noise reduction pedal.
I've read that the pedal is true bypass, even then it would bring noise?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

My wah "crybaby classic" is pretty damn quiet. Could just be the pedal. For old school blues and rock...crybaby all the way.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
True Bypass is for when the pedal is off....

I'm not familiar with this pedal, so i can't really pinpoint the problem. cokeisbetter could be right, though. To many pedals do add some noise to your signal, so maybe it's the combination of pedals you're using and a noise reduction can help.

Good luck
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
I'm pretty sure that Wah pedal is a distortion pedal too, so maybe it's adding distortion onto your OD pedal and making it hiss?
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

The noise i'm talking about is when the distortion pedal is on,the wah is off and the distortion from the wah is off as well. If i turn the wah on and tilt it forward comes more noise, even more if i turn the distortion from the wah on.

I dont think the problem is too many pedals as i'm only using the distortion and the wah.
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

anymore suggestions?
- James Iha

Rock on y'all!

There are several versions of the pedal and the earlier ones were real noisy. I have a SD Whine-O wah that's noisy as all get-out. If it was your pedal you could send it to SD and they will mod it to be quieter.

Frankly I've switched from a pedal to an autowah/envelope filter and it's been a good change.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Unskathed
I'm pretty sure that Wah pedal is a distortion pedal too, so maybe it's adding distortion onto your OD pedal and making it hiss?

Wah =/= distortion. Not the same at all. What it does do, however, is boost various frequencies of your tone depending on where it's set. At the toe position, it increases treble. This also tends to increase noise, which is boosted by your OD pedal. There's probably nothing wrong, it's just normal.
It sounds like Mudder might have found your problem. Maybe the pedal is just to noisy.
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...