How can i record from my bass to my computer for cheap? I dont want one of those recording programs i jsut want to play and have it record with no effects or nothing.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-Ernie Ball Hybrid Slinky Strings
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Use a mic or go to your local music/hardware store and get a little adaptor, don't know the proper name of rit but it changes the larger guitar cable sized plug into one that'll fit into the size port of a mic port on your computer, you can get em for 'bout 3 or 4 dollars i would imagine
what will record it from the computer tho/ like while im playing what is going to record it so i can send it and post it?
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
ok also what if i want to have it plugged into my bass and my amp? also will someone post a link to whta the converter looks like or a link to buy one? i went on bestbuy and radioshacks website and cant find one.
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
Quote by FbSa
that would be the underlined here in my previous post. Download that.

Audacity is the best freeware recording solution and really easy to use. Would recommend it highly and unlike other music related software, its cross platform.
I don't think youd find it on their website. They are small usually black, straight and one side you plug into and the other side looks like the end of a headphone. Thats about the simplest I can get with you. Just go there and ask one of the guys and bring $5.
how would i go around plugging my bass into my amp then into my computer?
My gear:
-OLP MM2
-OLP practice amp 10w
-1.14 Everly Star Picks
run a cable from the headphone out to the line in

preferably stereo. although i always get line noise that way.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
^ You cant create stereo from a mono signal. Stereo is two different sounds acting as a left and right pair. Your bass will always be in mono - it's just in both the left and the right speaker.
whoops. i meant stereo cable, since the headphone plug just duplicates the signal to L and R. that way when it goes into your recording program its on both channels, so you don't have to mix it to stereo (as in clone the R to L) in the program. Misunderstandings eh?
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.