Ever since I was little, occasionally ( like every few months) I would wake up and have these panic attacks (last about 5 minutes). Well a couple days ago I decided I would look this up, and found out more stuff about it. Ever since then, now i know what it is, and im feeling more anxious than ever cause I don't want panic attacks to start. This anxeity causes more panic attacks then ever. Anybody have the same problem? I've tried looking up self help tips that tell you not to fear it and stuff. I want a couple other opinions though. thx ahead of time.
No I don't want to play your guitar... I might light it on fire.
Talk to your doctor about it. It is problably too much caffenine and too little sleep. Or you need to get some other activities to do. Maybe ask for a pshycologist they'll teach you breathing techniques to kill off the attack, and will teach you how to be more relaxed etc. Neways 75% of people will get an aniexty attack at one point in there lives. You can't die from them either if thats what you were thinking, but talk to you doctor if you want immediate attention because self diagnosis often makes you over diagnose yourself.
[IMG]http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/7971/ugsig7ej.gif[/IMG]
Last edited by Aim Sniff at Jan 23, 2007,
I used to have a terrible terrible fear of death/the end/religion.

I used to FREAK out completely.
Just try and not think about the things that bring them up. It will take awhile but it's woth it in th end!!!!

Or go buy some happy pills from you friendly neighborhood drug dealer. I'm sure those will work!!!! HA HA Jay Kay. Don't do drugs!!!
Umm....exactly what do u have?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
i dont "consume" (for lack of a better word) caffinated substances. and i sleep about 8 hours a day. I do alot of stuff too, its just my mind wanders sometimes and thinking about it makes me stressed. Not to try to contridict you, I'm just providing more info. I'm afraid that talking to my doctor will make him put me on pills that don't have any effect long term. They just make me happy for now, and that sucks, I'm seeking a definate solution. not a termporary one.
i have something like that. Every morning I wake up and my heart is just racing and it doesn't calm down for quite a while. And im only 17...

Edit: I dont eat much sweets and I'm not overweight.
When you feel a attack coming on, reach in the fridge, pull out a beer.

Next?
I don't have the pleasure of doing that. I'm only 16.. lol
A psychiatrist is for pills a pshycoloigist is someone you can talk to, that or get a friend or a parent, problem with that is it's akward. If the put you on pills by no means should you take them, but see a doctor if it's killing you.
O geez, thing is about anxiety, its you. seriously, it is cause by anxious behaviour and habits that are under layed within the subcouncius mind. And by you studyin it like you said, mad it more real, thats why it is worse. Anxiety is nothing, its nothing external its not the symptons, its you! It is driven by the stories in your head that you create from habits.
Kill the habit and stop the anxiety

EDIT: trust me, From now on dont study it! when ever you feel anxious divert your mind to somthing else. Cause really there is not danger at all, only the ones you can conjure up in your mind
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

Had a few episodes of exactly what you're talking about a year ago. It may just have to do with growing up. It's actually pretty common from what I've heard.
Quote by Hotpunksk8rgirl
EWWWWW!!!!! Isn't a urethra another word for a female body part(vagina)??????? Perverted fishy.
Quote by Hammett4Ever
I don't have the pleasure of doing that. I'm only 16.. lol

Never stopped me

Least its not Aids
Quote by preludetowar
O geez, thing is about anxiety, its you. seriously, it is cause by anxious behaviour and habits that are under layed within the subcouncius mind. And by you studyin it like you said, mad it more real, thats why it is worse. Anxiety is nothing, its nothing external its not the symptons, its you! It is driven by the stories in your head that you create from habits.
Kill the habit and stop the anxiety

EDIT: trust me, From now on dont study it! when ever you feel anxious divert your mind to somthing else. Cause really there is not danger at all, only the ones you can conjure up in your mind

so.. i should just say "**** you" to it cuz it doenst exist.. thats actually really helpful.
Metaldude, a fast heart beat, feeling your heart beat, etc is called a heart palipatation, it's brought on my stress or aniexty etc
i've never had a panic attack, and i'm an avid drug user.

i've just had the fear occasionally, but it has never mounted to a panic attack.

just ask your doctor about it, maybe you can get some pills.
Quote by Hammett4Ever
so.. i should just say "**** you" to it cuz it doenst exist.. thats actually really helpful.

YES!!! Cause really its nothing!! I swear to you.
Next time you feel it coming on say"bring it on, you are nothing and you cant hurt me" And when i say this, this is all true.
Quote by Meths

Obviously I'm biased towards the correct point of view. What kind of retard isn't?

To really understand it, what is a panic attack?

From that solid foundation, we can build on a solution which involves guitars cause being a guitar site we have to include some sort of guitar in the soloution.
ok.. imagine for no reason, ur little sister came in and smashed ur guitar.. threw it out the window and pooed on it. the pain... it hurts don't it? We must ask ourselves... why?...
It's different for everyone, sometimes you hypervantilate, other times you have troublesome thoughs running through you head, sometimes you feel like your going to die for no real reason.
well, thanks guys, this has been helpful, I have no idea how to close a thread so.. meh.
Quote by Hammett4Ever
ok.. imagine for no reason, ur little sister came in and smashed ur guitar.. threw it out the window and pooed on it. the pain... it hurts don't it? We must ask ourselves... why?...

I dont have a little sister

Quote by Aim Sniff
It's different for everyone, sometimes you hypervantilate, other times you have troublesome thoughs running through you head, sometimes you feel like your going to die for no real reason.

Sounds like a good night out to me
Quote by Aim Sniff

The thoughts are hard to control.
Quote by Preid
I dont have a little sister

He was trying to relate it to guitars since you insisted that it be guitar related.
The best advice I can give for when you feel an attack coming on is, face up to it. Try to draw it on and not be afraid. You will then realise there is nothing to be afraid of.

seeing as no one has said this yet, i guess I will:

PENIS
Quote by killbox2490
Once at chruch, I was at a group thing so I was laying down on the couch then all of a sudden some girl goes up to me starts rubbing my shoe ferociousely and goes " I want sex"......
Quote by Witch-king
The best advice I can give for when you feel an attack coming on is, face up to it. Try to draw it on and not be afraid. You will then realise there is nothing to be afraid of.

Thats all good till you wake in a pool of piss, your entire family staring at you like 'wtf?'.
ya i remember when i was getting curious about my shaky hands i researched online and it was like these could be early symptoms of parkinson or ALS i was like =OOO and i was anxious as crap and it amde things worse, then i went to a doc and found out it was just malnutrition
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by chocolatguitar
i've never had a panic attack, and i'm an avid drug user i've just had the fear occasionally

The fear man, the fear!! Ive had the loathing too man, not too fun!
I used to have panic attacks, but it helped when I learned to meditate. You should try it; it calms you down when you're freaking out.
Happened to me occasionally when I had the flu, the axiety attacks were really weird...well, not really anxiety attacks.

More like a nightmare and you wake up kind of thing, I totally forgot what it's called, but there was a word for it. Anyway, the last time I had it, I woke up completley dazed and confused, ran to the living room screaming...then I started to cry.

It was really...really weird.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R