What is the heaviest stock marshall head. Dont say get a deizel or a mesa. i want a marshall. one with good distortion. like necrophagist
To a shredder, a second is a long time.

Member of the UG Gentlemen of Higher Thought Establishment.

Invite only, if you want to be considered, contribute well to UG, and respect others as much as possible!
The TSL.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
i'm guessing the new JVM.

But let the record show that I think that saying you only want a marshall is retarded.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm...you want metal and marshall...that might be a problem...the closest your gonna get to a metal tone is one of the JCM2000 range...but for that kind of money you could get a Peavey 6505...
Comparing both the DSL and TSL, I much preferred the heavier tones from the DSL. But the TSL would work quite nicely too.

Mode Four is a metal amp, but hybrid. I heard it and wasn't impressed at all. It pretty much sounds like an AVT on steroids.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Nemesis260
What is the heaviest stock marshall head. Dont say get a deizel or a mesa. i want a marshall. one with good distortion. like necrophagist

Necrophagist play ENGL, last time I checked.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'm guessing the new JVM.

But let the record show that I think that saying you only want a marshall is retarded.

Seconded.

Why do you only want a marshall, if you could get something better for the same price?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Yeah, you're really not making sense. Marshalls are not metal amps. Not in the sense that they can't do metal, but they're not designed to, and there are other amps that do metal much better for the same price.
jcm 800 + an overdrive pedal!
Epi Les Pau Quilt topl~Emg 81/85 Ghs 11's(1/2 step drop)
Charvel Model 4 EMG 81/SA/85 DR 10's (standard){for sale}
Peavey Deuce VT
Marshall JCM 800
Dunlop ZW-45 wylde wah
Dunlop RotoVibe
MXR ZW-44 Overdrive
Boss CE-5 Chorus
Marshall can do heavy metal quite good, but not death, power, nu etc. metal. All though Slayer uses Marshalls and their are a pretty heavy band. Their amps are modded a lot, but none the less, they use Marshall.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I disagree that Marshall can't do metal. It depends what you mean by metal. Also, if you crank them, I would guess the dsl and tsl can do metal fine.

It's just things like engl can do metal (modern) without being cranked. Though they sound awesome cranked.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by invisible_man
Necrophagist play ENGL, last time I checked.

word
I own a JCM 800 and a Marshall Mode Four MF350. I would definately go the MF350. Very brutal sound on the 2 OD settings, Freakin loud too. The MF350 can also be toned down on a seperate Pre amp to give a beautiful clean sound and also has a smooth crunch sound as well. The MF350 is not a bedroom amp though! It asks for aggression and loudness. If you only turn it up 1 or 2 notches, you just don't get the benefits of the sound. Turn it up to 4 or 5, dare i say 6 or 7 and you will have the cops around in no time, but the sound is by far the most aggressive from any Marshall i have heard.
Quote by jmag
Seconded.

Why do you only want a marshall, if you could get something better for the same price?

Thirded...

Of couse if I had to choose, it'd be either the JVM (yet to play, looks interesting..) or for sure the JCM800... the 900's distortions is weak unless its super duper cranked and the DSL's/TSL's are decent, but not as good as the 800
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
well there is the new Kerry King JCM800 which is hot rodded for more gain, but im willing ot bet that it will be a bit overpriced.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by clomon
jcm 800 + an overdrive pedal!

Not the heaviest, but GODDAMN I LOVE THAT SOUND! (pops in bonded by blood)
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude