Page 1 of 2
http://cityrag.blogs.com/main/2007/01/100_greatest_gu.html

Pretty awesome collection of solos (Although I don't agree with the list and can assure you that you probably won't either), except I still don't see how Eruption gets on there, never liked it one bit :P

Edit: I pretty much only posted it for the vids. Thought it'd be cool. I'll change the title...
Last edited by benenov at Jan 23, 2007,
eruption is only on there because its technically difficult and still pretty mainstream thus famous.
Eruption is just wank, but still it's the only instrumental I hear on my local rock stations.

The list isn't too bad, but it is just the typical "every classic rock solo" list. Not all that original.

Freebird owns though.
Lol that Stairway solo is pretty sloppy. Best of all time my ass.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

eruption might not be emotive, but that doesn't mean it doesn't kick ass.
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Voodoo Chile? Voodoo Child? I've always found that amusing...
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
not 20 greatest solos of all time,

20 most overplayed and cliche solos of all time made by shitheads is a more acurate title.
i think comfortably numb should be #1
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
eruption isnt even a song its like the intro to gaybuttsecks by van halen. I never really liked it.

ps- freebird is ridiculous. awful repetitive too, but pwns for sure. my fingers would cramp and then fall off half way through that.
Did anyone watch You Really Got Me? When the solo starts, someone grabs the neck of the guitar, and Dave Davies pushes him off, and stands up.
and whos that wanker just stumbling around on stage the entire time in the video? hahaha
There are so many better solos they could've put on there....

However I will admit that back in the day, those were the shit.

I love how on "More we loved" they had Smells Like Teen Spirit
Last edited by MeGaDeth2314 at Jan 23, 2007,
Quote by tasty licks
eruption isnt even a song its like the intro to gaybuttsecks by van halen. I never really liked it.

ps- freebird is ridiculous. awful repetitive too, but pwns for sure. my fingers would cramp and then fall off half way through that.

I just love the rhythm of the Freebird solo. It is a real toe-tapper, gets all the hics a dancin'.
I love Nirvana, but Smells Like Teen Spirit? I don't think that's even a solo...as far as I know it's concidered more of an interlude.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Smells like Teen spirit blows balls on all levels.
Quote by Qazxs
I got kicked out of a Mac store when me and my friends simultaneously put on meatspin on all of the computers in the store. Some eleven or twelve year old looking girls there freaked out.
its not as bad as Total Guitar's 100 best solos with bat country at 13
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by CowboyUp
Eruption is just wank, but still it's the only instrumental I hear on my local rock stations.

The list isn't too bad, but it is just the typical "every classic rock solo" list. Not all that original.

Freebird owns though.

You don't get "Jessica" by the Allman Brothers there? Damn...we hardly get Eruption, so we're even.

I thought the list was good, not the best thing ever, they just kinda took the stereotypical favorite guitarists and found solos.

I love all these players, and the songs and their solos, but try and veer of course from the norm of Clapton, Blackmore, Hendrix, Van Halen, etc.

You can't beat some of those solos, but there are certainly tons that are equal if not better.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBIIIIIIIIIRDDDDD!!!! Come on... you all saw that coming.

I'm really into Classic Rock/ Blues so I'm really happy with the list
SPACE FOR RENT
The solo in "The Final Countdown" by Europe...not very techincally hard or long or anything...but its fun
2008 PRS Custom 24 in Blue Matteo
2007 PRS Paul Allender Signature
Boss GT-10
2007 Fender Marcus Miller Signature Bass
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II
Gallien-Krueger 810RBX

myspace.com/porcelainprovince
Anbody else think the stairway solo sucks?
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
Quote by altronataku
not 20 greatest solos of all time,

20 most overplayed and cliche solos of all time made by shitheads is a more acurate title.

Dude you just called Randy Rhoads, Malmsteen, Eric Johnson, Dimebag, SRV, Brian May, and Ritchie Blackmore shitheads...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
As biased and as rather silly that list is, I'm still glad that Eric Johnson got on there.
I have nothing to put in here.
Quote by The Virtuoso
Dude you just called Randy Rhoads, Malmsteen, Eric Johnson, Dimebag, SRV, Brian May, and Ritchie Blackmore shitheads...

I meant the people who made the list.

Not that some of those people are interesting players to begin with.
Quote by altronataku
I meant the people who made the list.

Not that some of those people are interesting players to begin with.

Heaven forbid someone try something new and make some music rather than study classical pieces all day long
Quote by CowboyUp
Heaven forbid someone try something new and make some music rather than study classical pieces all day long

oh wow, thank you for making a total irrelevant remark that has nothing to do with what I said whatsoever.

But yes, god forbid those assholes. I hope they all burn in hell. Actually first I ask god to do a "kids in the sandbox" session with you. And then he can go condemn them.
Who cares about the list and how "cliche" it is, watch the damn videos. But yeah I didn't care for the Stairway to Heaven solo. Would rather just listen to the album version
and that shitty list was based on who?
:stickpoke

MUSIC IS PASSION

why is michael jackson and McDonald's so similar?

They put 40 year old meat between 5 year old buns.

26. Smells Like Teen Spirit - Kurt Cobain

C'mon...
DANNY

Quote by kevinm4435 to some guy
hey d00d i herd u dont like shred u r a genius 4 thinkin dat. all shred is fukin lame wit no soul u no wat im sayin??
Why the hell did they choose vids only from youtube? All of them were complete shite. And the chick from Johnny B. Goode at the start looked like she would smash her head into a wall and explode everywhere.
Quote by st.stephen
Why the hell did they choose vids only from youtube? All of them were complete shite. And the chick from Johnny B. Goode at the start looked like she would smash her head into a wall and explode everywhere.

Go find videos and post them then, instead of bitching.
thats bullshit the best solo ever is angle of death by slayer so fast u prob cant play on air guitar
Quote by myself101
its not as bad as Total Guitar's 100 best solos with bat country at 13

Yeah I know what was with that? TG always kisses shitty bands asses, especially A7X.
i love the solo to free bird. it is repetitive as all hell, but thats what i like about it. I love the sound of it and it just keeps going and going and going, kinda like giving a chick a really really long orgasm

anyone else like the solo to love gun by KISS? i think that sounds GREAT
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Quote by pumpkins_rule
Lol that Stairway solo is pretty sloppy. Best of all time my ass.

People like it because
1. It is a great transition to hard rock
2. Simple
3. Goes over the fret board
4. Short so people don't lose intrest
5. It is Jimmy Page
yeeeeeeeeeah stairway to heaven rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by metalroo
yeeeeeeeeeah stairway to heaven rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this post makes me rage.

anyways, same old songs we've had forced into our ears for the past 30 years.

**** those songs, i used to like them until i heard them 100 times a week.
Page 1 of 2