Hey guys, question here...

I have a behringer. its not bad. but ive always wanted an Ampeg, found out a store here in town now has em. got to hear one. and im in love!

However. i can't stay there and play for 3hours at a time. They would let me, but my g/f wont. LOL

They have the BA-115T...the 15", 100watts RMS with Tube. It sounds great i belive. However all reviews i seem to read are regarding the BA-115, without Tube.

The price difference is only 60$ if i go with the tube, so either really isn't a problem.

So question, which one would you get, the Tube'ed amp one, or the non tube? Any reason why you would go with the one you choose?

Thanks guys, looking to pick this bad boy up tomorrow. Or order the non tubed one.

Feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
why does your girlfriend have to go with you?

i would (and most i feel would agree) definately get a valve one, it will sound warmer, louder (Sound louder, its not technically louder) and it would be generally more responsive to dynamics.

besides i simply feel that valve amps sound much more 'full of life' than non-valve amps (solid states).
Fender American Deluxe Ash Stratocaster (2000)
Fender Classic Player 60's Stratocaster
Marshall JCM900 100w head & 4x12 cab

Korg DT-10 Tuner; Boss DD-3 Digital Delay; Jim Dunlop JH-1B Wah; Boss RT-20 Rotary Ensemble; MXR EVH Phase 90.
Quote by ArcherTheVMan
why does your girlfriend have to go with you?

I was hopeing she'd buy it for me. lol. Didn't work out like i tought

But thanks for the input about the amp dude.
The BA-115T has a tube preamp which is debatable worthless. More of a gimmick than anything else.
The BA115HP I tried a few weeks ago sounded nothing like a real Ampeg. I was really disappointed. Try other amps - don't get the one with the name you like on it.
Quote by smb
The BA115HP I tried a few weeks ago sounded nothing like a real Ampeg. I was really disappointed. Try other amps - don't get the one with the name you like on it.

Thanks for the info. however it wasn't a BA115HP

From alot of the reviews i've seen, the BA115HP and the BA210, wich are under the same brosure/info at ampeg.com, have really bad reviews.

However, the BA115 has great reviews, just don't see to many reviews with the Tube in it thoe...
I am pretty sure a preamp tube isnt going to do a whole lot for your sound.

I have a hartke 3500 with a selectable solid state and tube preamp

yes there IS a difference, but after a few minutes or so, its hard to tell.
Quote by fuzzai
Thanks for the info. however it wasn't a BA115HP
However, the BA115 has great reviews, just don't see to many reviews with the Tube in it thoe...

The BA115HP is the same as the BA115 but with more power. It's got the same muffled, weak sounding speaker, the same bland voicing, the same weak tone controls. And quit winking at me.
Quote by Porkie
I am pretty sure a preamp tube isnt going to do a whole lot for your sound.

I have a hartke 3500 with a selectable solid state and tube preamp

yes there IS a difference, but after a few minutes or so, its hard to tell.

Is that hartke any good? I'm looking into buying one
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
i have the BA115, overall for the specs, and for the price i got it at (400 cdn) it's pretty good.

its NOT going to get you the signature Ampeg sound people talk about, which you get usually from Ampeg Tube Heads/cabs, but overall its Probably better than other brand names of the same specs.

That said, im pretty sure new its a lot more expensive than other comparable amps, i got it cause it was used.

Point is: If you're buying THIS amp because you LIKE the sound, and not because its an AMPEG, then sure, go for it.

Tube preamps, from what i HEAR from people (i havnt tried tube preamps) are mostly gimmicks and trick people to thinking its a tube amp. There IS, however, a huge difference in solid state and TRUE tube amps. If you try both side by side and cant tell the difference, With all due respect, you should NOT be buying an amp based on how YOU think it sounds. Chances are a year or two down the road you'll be in a very different mindset. The difference between the two are very noticable tho, like wet vs dry, so hopefully you're not that tone deaf

and finally: do i like the sound of my ampeg? Its decent, i like it more than fenders of comparable or "better" specs, but also if i bought it new it woulda been a lot more probly. The reason i bought it, is because of this:

1x15", 100W, Combo, under 500 Cdn. Thats what i was lookin for. I somewhat naievely did go for this more than other amps because of the Ampeg name, and i SOMEWHAT regret it, but not so much that its DISASTROUS. Its like Getting a signature fender strat rather than a normal MIA or something. Not a HUUGE deal.
tube all the way

i got the vintage SVT AV for 250 from a friend (best day ever) which is a tube head and its sound is unbelievable

as in i will never need a new amp unless this one breaks....although id probably kill myself
Soul Collector of the BassMilitia PM Dinkydaisy

Co-leader of The league of toxicity33, Kankuro, Dr. Gonzo Slash, DownInAHole, Synyster Gates, This End Up, and Neil_.

You should've used the Pythagorean Theorem, BITCH

BLALLALALASSISSIS *shank*
Thanks for the info guys.
i put a down payment on it, New it was 500$(CND) plus tax. really good price i find.

Can't wait to bring it home in a week or so.

Thanks again!