I am thinking of getting this a metal muff pedal, they sound awsome
does anyone here own it?
what do you think of it?
And are there any other metal type distortions you think are better?
(am searching for a versatile metal sound)
the two big muffs (american and russian) are the shit so im sure the metal muff would sound good and also be very versital
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
buy the turbo RAT from proco. i have it and it sounds awesome, and it is versatile, too. you can ALMOST get a clapton sound without even using your guitar's tone control
My Blog
New bands you wish you knew about!

Check This Band:As Blood Runs Black
Guitarist of the month: Quorthon

Got a good band that you want to share with the world? PM me and I'll write them a review.
^but have you ever tried the metal muff? Seriously though, the metal muff IS the best distortion pedal on the market, and I'm not saying IMO, because it IS that much better than the rest.
My Gear:

Guitars:
Fender American HSS Stratocaster

Amps & Effects:
Hand-Wired JCM 800 2204
Hand-Wired V30 2x12 Cab
Keeley TS-9 Tube Screamer
ISP Decimator
EHX Holiest Grail
Modded Dunlop Crybaby
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
go for the metal muff i wrote a pretty comprehensive review of it for this site which can be found in the review section, and it beats the crap out of the Rat IMO and has more gain.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
oh and one other thing i wanted to ask about it, for those who have used it.. because i didnt really get to play about with it for long when i used my friends one.

can you get a good modern type metal sound out of it... along the lines of lamb of god or Killswitch engage?
because it sounded good for megadeth type thrash.. just wondering if it could do those ^ kind of more modern tones decently aswell.?

thanks for any replies!
I don't play metal at all, but it's a GREAT pedal.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
yeah i have one and i have to say its my favorite thing ive ever played with. I'm sure u could reach any kind of tone u want with this thing...its crazy for 80's metal and stuff like pantera and ozzy and all that and im sure u could get something MODERN if u want i wud suggest that u get the pedal it is worth way over the price and everyone says it is the best metal distortion ever
Epiphone LP
Johnson Strat Copy(first guitar)
Epiphone Dr 150 Acoustic
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Digitech Jimi Hendrix Experiance pedal
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Digitech RP50
ElectroHarmonix Metal Muff
Only thing wrong with it is that it can't get low gain. But then, it is a METAL pedal.
Sent from my iPad.
you can get a good hard rock kinda sound..

does anyone know if there have been different versions of this pedal that have been made? because i have seen some of these with a slightly different casings and different types of control knobs?
there are the mini and nano versions, they are just cheaper more simplified versions of the original, get the big one.

Last.fm
i dont think so, i have the one with chrome knobs and my friend has one with black knobs, i think the black knobed ones are from the second production run and later (i got mine the first week it was in stores) and the knobs may be a little lower quality, but the sound is identical.

Last.fm
cool thanks for letting me know. just purchashed one from ebay
Just bought it today, and what can I say, it is an amazing pedal! Very versatile!
VIVA LA REVOLUTION