i've been playing guitar for about a year and a half. i am going to build a guitar from scratch and i was wondering what pickups i should have on it.im looking for a AC/DC kind of sound
^ We're likewise wondering what kind of music you want to play, what kind of amp you have, what sound generally you're looking for, how many pickups you want, how crazy you're going to get with switching options, and how much you're looking to spend.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
^ We're likewise wondering what kind of music you want to play, what kind of amp you have, what sound generally you're looking for, how many pickups you want, how crazy you're going to get with switching options, and how much you're looking to spend.

ive got a crate 20 watt. i also got a G2 effects pedal.im looking for ac/dc or zeppelin kind of sound and probably 2 pickups. im looking to spend around $350 or $400
Well, you definitely want to go with humbuckers or soapbars. If you can spend that much, you might as well get a set of custom wound. I personally like PRS pickups amongst readily available aftermarket. A set of Tremontis, the HFS/Vintage Bass combo, or a set of Dragon IIs would work well for you. I run a set of McCartys in my PRS and they give me a lot of versatility. For custom wounds, I like Stephens Design. I'm waiting another 2 weeks or so on a set of single coils I ordered from him, but the customer service has been great. He loves to talk shop and will definitely help you find the tone you're looking for. www.sdpickups.com for his site.
Hi, I'm Peter