in my continual quest to find the perfect neck pickup, i am now about to try a 3rd pickup. the tone chart on dimarzio's website indicate that this pickup is blanaced very trebbly. the problem i've had with the past 2 pickups, the air norton and the PAF Pro was that they were too muddy, and too mid-rangey. but the specs also say that the super 2 is WAY powerfull. is it too powerful to go with the tone zone? i don't play clean what so ever.

anybody have experience with the super 2 in the neck? in combo with the TZ bridge?
I reckon you give the regular Norton a shot - it's really a bridge pickup, but it should work well as a match for a heavyweight like the tone zone if you don't use clean tones. Don't forget that the frequencies guitars produce are midrange ones, and you get more of them at the neck becasue there's more vibration and more overtones - the neck's always going to be middly compared to the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
thanks for the suggestion, but dimarzio's site specs the norton as being mid-rangey. and i'm trying to get more scooped or trebbly
that's what i was trying to tell you - all pickups are midrangey becasue the guitar is a midrange instrument - more so at the neck where the sound is fuller. You can't fight that, it's the guitar's natural sound, if you want trebly and scooped use the bridge, the neck gives you fuller, bassier tones...if you want a scooped sound you have to do that with EQ'ing, and it never works well with the neck pickup, there's not enough treble response and you end up with mud. You're best off using the bridge for your scooped sounds and just letting the neck do what it does best. However, the regular Norton will have a bit more bite than a dedicated neck pickup and the harmonic response is good so it might suit you better than a lot of the other models.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com